What went wrong? What should I have done differently?

Adam has been a friend for 8 years. I Have found myself attracted to to Adam for the past 2 months but I didn't want anything to be weird, so I buried it

I had been dating a guy - Shawn for over 2 years. Our relationship has been coming to an end for the past few months. It's just not working

Adam knows all of what is going on. 3 weeks ago, after hanging out & having too much to drink, Adam told me he has felt a flicker of an attraction for me & thinks there's potential. He kissed me & we discussed how I felt & then we discussed how my current relationship is ending

Since our conversation, Adam & I have spent time together. He told me he liked me & wanted to take it slow. He told me he thought I was pretty & that he loved my company. He told me didn't want to confuse our situation but his feelings were in the beginning stages of what he called potentially something strong. I agreed with all he said & felt. Then I oficially broke it off with Shawn. I told Adam that Shawn & I were done. I knew we wouldn't date right away but I wanted him to know what was going on

He had told me that he doesn't think it is a good idea for us to consider dating until there is more distance from my breakup. He said he is skeptical about genuine feelings since we have been in a vulnerable place & because we have known each other for so long & is apprehensive about believing our feelings could be real because why wouldn't they have developed a long time ago? He said we both need to take time to reflect on what we want & he apologized if he said things that made me feel like his "little flame" was stronger than it is

He he told me I deserve someone great because he thinks I am & if it is him he will be fortunate & lucky. He hugged me & told me that he loves being close to me & when he pulled back he stared at me & told me I know how to get his small flame to grow because I am beautiful & he said he had to leave so not to be hypocritical because he wanted to kiss me again. What happened?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0