What to get/how much to spend on my boyfriend for Christmas?

I've been officially with this guy for only a couple weeks so far but we were practically dating for a few weeks before that. Everything is going well and it seems like this will be a pretty long lasting relationship but I am struggling with what I should get him for Christmas. I know he is also planning on getting me something. Any ideas as far as good gifts go? How much should I be spending? It's early so I feel like it shouldn't be a ton of money but I don't want to spend not enough... thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Give him something that will be useful for him in his daily life? How much should you spend? As much as you think he deserves so far ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Get him something less personal.

My anniversary is in October. Our first Christmas together he got me a build-a-bear. I think it cost like $40. Which is expensive for a first Christmas. But a build-a-bear isn't a super personal gift, ya know?

I think I dropped $60 on a video game for him that year. Expensive, yes, but again, not super personal.

Our relationship is 4 years old now. The price range has stayed the same, but the gifts have gotten more personal as the years go on.

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe you should talk to him and agree to a budget for Christmas gifts so that no one feels embarrassed or stressed.

• Just give him a giftcard.

• I don't know between 20 and 50

What Girls Said 3

• -50 dollars gift card to game stop?
    -cookies?
    -food stuff
    -a card
    -a toy car?

• I'd say no more than 20. I like @matheus_mb 's idea for something useful. You know how walmart has like the little gift boxes full of like a particular razor brand or food? Maybe grab him one of those that you think he'll like. Considerate, but reasonably priced and not *too* touchy.

• What do you expect getting from him? How much would be too much and make you feel uncomfortable about the present?

Maybe you can answer that about yourself and then turn it the other way ;)

For our first Christmas I gave my boyfriend a wine bottle.