Would u have a serious relationship with someone that had a kid?

Say just one kid..

• yes
  • no
  • what are kids?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like it would depend on the situation with the person the child was with.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would. It would be a lot different than dating someone without a kid, and it would add a whole new dimension to the relationship, but if things get serious and the child takes a liking to me, that dimension will be beautiful. It would depend a bit on the circumstances, but someone having a child isn't a deal breaker for me.

I can understand why people wouldn't want to. Some people wouldn't want to think about the father of the child maybe being around sometimes, and they wouldn't be comfortable helping to take care of a child that isn't theirs.

What Girls Said 9

• Nope, I believe I'm too young to be with someone like that. I doubt they themselves would wanna be with me, I'm still sort of a kid myself in a way.

Later in life, yeah, sure. But not at this point.

• That's an easy yes for me. Of course I have 2 of my own.

• No. No I would not.

Kids are an ultimate deal breaker.

• yeah I am not sure... it depends!

• Yep. Course not right now as I'm already in a relationship. But if I was single and met a person who I was interested in who just so happened to have a child. Yeah I would.

But if the kids a dick I'm not baby sitting.

• At my age, it's not what I'm looking for. Not even sure I'll ever want kids. If I were older and the situation was stable, then I might be open to it.

• Maybe/depends on something

• It only depends on my age

• No, not currently anyways. I've been there, tried that and it is not for me.

What Guys Said 4

• I had no problem with it. We dated / lived together for two years , then we got married and have been together for over 17 years now

• If I wasn't married, I'd date a single parent on two circumstances :
    1. The children's dad and his mom are completely out of the picture: no visiting rights, no shared child education. I don't want to cope with a jealous ex.
    2. The children are some 4 years away from hitting puberty. The time needed for them to accept me. I don't want to cope with an adolescent playing me out against his/her dad and granny.

• Thus rather a girl who was knocked up by a passing lover who ran away than a divorced girl.

• If I was older and I madly loved her, then yes. However, I'm far too young to get into that kind of serious relationship and responsibility. I can barely take care of myself and need so much more maturity and growth as a person. So, my ultimate answer is no.

• No because I'm not interested in spending the blood, sweat and tears on a kid that isn't mine, secondly kids take priority and that's fine if it's mine but not somebody else's. There's probably gonna be some random baby daddy causing drama too. Fuck all that, I want a uterus with no previous occupants.