Should I ask him out instead of waiting?

A guy I met 3 weeks ago texted me last week to ask if I wanted to hang out sometime this week because he'd like to get to know me better. I said "that would be nice :)" and he didn't respond after that; I texted him 4 days later to see how he was doing and we talked for a little while and he never again mentioned meeting up. It's been 3 days since we last texted, he hardly texts and I usually blow it off as "he's probably really busy", but I'm starting to think he isn't interested in me anymore. He might be one of those guys who prefer to talk in person, but he hasn't elaborated on his plans to meet up, so I don't know anymore.

He reeled me in and now I'm stuck on the line and he is just letting it sit, not doing much of anything. It's Tuesday, so I don't know if I should wait a little longer before asking if he still wants to meet up this week. Should I check up on him? How should I ask him out? This seems difficult without sounding too desperate.

Side note: he made it clear in the beginning that he had a "crush" on me, he told several people I work with about it and I'm worried that a few of them said I wasn't interested without even consulting me. Maybe when I asked around about him it threw him off, ugh.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Text him. "I still have some free time this week, what did you have in mind for us? Maybe a drink at (bar/restaurant/coffe shop name) on Friday?"

• This guy doesn't like you that much. Don't bother asking him out.

• While I don't want to believe this, you may be right. Thank you for your response, but I am going to wait a little while longer to be certain. :)