My last words to him- Help?

So I have fallen for an old friend who is 33 and have liked him for over a year now. We have hung out multiple times and each time I grow to like him more and more. He makes those charming comments like when we get married and blah blah blah. But the problem is, we have such a great time when we hang out and then I don't hear from him for a couple weeks; he's just emotionally unavailable. He hangs out with his older brother a lot and I think he looks up to his bachaleor lifestyle, if you dont want to settle down at 33 will you ever? He has told me that he is cursed and no woman would ever live up to his mother. So I feel it's right to get over him.. but i won't give up until I tell him how I feel so I won't keep asking myself what if. How or what should i say without him running?

What Guys Said 1

• You have to be TOTALLY honest with him. Don't just try to tell him what you think HE wants to hear. Be honest about your feelings. If he doesn't want to be with you, then move on...

What Girls Said 1

• First of all, us GAGers obviously don't know this guy, but I'm not seeing any positive things about this guy based on your description. "No woman would ever live up to his mother"? Did he actually say something like that? It's great for a guy to respect and look out for his mother - all the best guys do, but with a mindset like that no woman will ever be loved by him as much as they deserve.

Second. These days a lot of people marry late. It's not such a huge deal. I have a friend who is 35 and is unmarried. So that's fine.

You need to make sure this is the right guy for you before you tell him how you feel.