How long did you guys wait to start another relationship?

Comment how long you took to start a new relationship after getting over an old one. I'm curious to see what the average wait time is, and I know that it's different in every situation

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that as soon as you over the other person for sure you should be able to start opening your options. Maybe not right into dating but you should explore and try to make a good choice. Personally just got over mine and still not ready yet. Good luck

• I really like that! And thanks, good luck with yours too 😊

• Oh I know! I want to be sure before I date another guy, having to feel so broken hearted and your trust destroyed is not something I want to go through again. We got this 💪

• Yes we do 💪🌞

Most Helpful Girl

• From my first boyfriend to my next, it took 1 and a half years. And from my second boyfriend, I'm still not on my 3rd. I haven't dated nor been too interested in anyone since. I'll probably take at least a year again.

• Hi🙈 And thats exactly how i feel. I feel like taking a break for a long time.

What Guys Said 4

• I usually go years between relationships. I'm trying to cut that time down and just putting myself out there. If I feel something I'll go for it and if I don't then I won't. I'm just gonna go with the flow.

• well I've only had a few real relationships in my life. the first it took me three years to start seriously dating again for anything other than sex and now im on a year and a half of so of not seriously dating for anything other than sex.

• I don't have a fixed amount of time to "wait", I just feel like I don't have time to commit and that's all.

• About an hour.

• Are you being serious? 😂 you can't be

• Last time I was single, yup, was for about an hour.

• Wow! Alright, thanks for your answer

What Girls Said 8

• For me, the wait time has typically been 2x the length of the old relationship.

My reason is that I refuse to treat someone as a rebound and hurt him that way. I am a little slow to process my emotions following a break up.

• Roughly around two and a half years.

• As long as your ready or need to be.

• Over a month.

• Couple months

• it depends when someone who make you smile comes.

• I waited a year but that was just i waited for the right guy to come along and didn't go for the first person who asked me out

• It varies. My last relationship took about a year to get over because I was with him for 9 years. I started dating about 6 months after we broke up, but I ended it. I decided to remain single until I was ready to date, because I found myself wishing the guy was my ex sitting there. It would have been unfair to him and to me to continue dating.

I am over him now , but I am still working at letting go of the hurt. I think getting over missing someone is easier than moving on from the pain.