Does persistence ever work in trying to get a date?

I know girls get annoyed by persistence most times if they've given hints they don't want to but does it ever work? as long as you're not constantly pestering her regularly, maybe only every few months or even less and you're never aggressive or anything like that. You just occasionally hint at it.

• It can work
  • It never works

Most Helpful Girl

• It works in less cases. But reaaaallllly depends on what kinds hints you're giving. If they consider it douchebag hints, then wrong approach duh. So find out what they WON'T consider to be these 'douchebag hints'.

If it's clear they DON'T want your hints, turn around and dig elsewhere. If you're persistent on wanting that one girl, then how about you try to TALK to her about things that interest her or both of you. The only way to make something work is to establish common ground. It's about sharing a world together. You have to connect. Try to find ways to spend with her that she won't reject. And MAYBE an interest may be built.

Good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been friends with my crush for almost a year and a half.
    I first asked her to go to something with me almost a year ago (she said she felt bad so she didn't want to).
    I asked her to hang out this past January. We were about to, then she realized she had something to do, but she'd make it up to me.

We finally hung out in March. Then again in April. Then got lunch once in June.

Now I'm trying to find a time to call her and ask when she can hang out again, so I can confess to her that I really like/liked her.

What I'm trying to say is you can be persistent, and sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't.

What Girls Said 9

• it works, but not when u overdo it. persistence can be incredibly charming by the way when u know how to do it.

• How do you do it? I have no idea.

• it depends on your personality.

my advice would be, try to be more assrertive with your tone rather than asking too many questions.

examples:
      instead of "so would you like to go out again sometime?"
      use, "id like to see you again".

instead of "what do you think of me?"
      use, "what you think of me is important to me"

instead of "are you okay?"
      use, "tell me how you feel, id love to know"

stuff like that. yes, yes it does make a difference.

• It's still pestering, even if it's spread out over months. She'll start to expect and dread it if she's really not interested.

• Every time I feel pressured into dating someone or getting to know someone, I back off and stay away from them as much as possible. If it doesn't come natural than it shouldn't be forced.

• I would say patience and perseverance are more suitable words since "room wasn't built in a day"

Persistence sounds like you dont have much hope and the girl do not like you so this become annoying.

• Highly unlikely. It would just be disrespectful of the person to not take no for an answer and continue pursuit despite their feelings.

• You will wind up getting a date out of pity

• It can work, but only if he doesn't get stalkerish with it.

• It can work, but it depends. Some people have little patience, and if they feel pushed they won't like it. Some on the other hand, might reconsider.

• I do not find desperate men attractive. Asking me out over and over again seems more like a desperate move and not something I want in a potential partner

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah it can pay off, but to be brutal with you it's extraordinarily seldom that it's worth it...

If they were worth that much unrequited effort and eventually chose to just appease you and get it over with then that's pretty much your answer hey...

• I don't really persist much, if she isn't into me or vice versa I'll write her off as not worth my time and energy.

• i only ask twice. maybe the first time she really was busy and was a bit dense to realize i was asking her out. after the second time if she's busy again and does not offer an alternative date then thats the end.

• If by persistence you don't mean repeatedly saying the same tired old thing and appearing more often behind them, yes.

• whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? DAMN IT DUDE.

• @karahiri I'm like a ninja. I stay hidden. You'll find me elsewhere someday, right? Haha! *poof*

#mysteriousmenarehot

• LOL. you never stay hidden. i find you SO FAST :p

• Nope, doesn't really. You might give it one more shot sometime later, but after that it's better to move on

• sometimes yes, but mostly no. Some women will reject you the first time on purpose to see how you react and see if that deters your confidence, in these cases they are testing you , but in most cases they are not interested

• If they don't find you attractive, then you are just digging yourself a hole.

• nah lmao trust me I asked a girl out twice didn't work

• It's a waste of time and energy to co to ur to pursue someone after they say "no".

• It works very rarely, is annoying and stalkerish often, and works much less than the equivalent effort put into approaching new girls works.

• It can work, but it's rare and I wouldn't suggest it.

• Fuck dating, and fuck relationships. Modern women are not worth it at all!!

Be relieved that you're single! And the answer to your question is no, unless you can demonstrate your value to her.

• How do you demonstrate that value.

• Either you're an entertainer who loves serving women in the sense that they can always use you for entertainment.

Or you need to have money / status. Women love being parasites and enslaving men. They also love being with a man of status, even if he's a horrible person. That doesn't matter.

OR you need to have a great body so you can make her feel protected, carry her groceries, fulfil her perverse fantasies or do all the work in bed to please her