Girls, would you date a shy guy?

If he was able to ask you out... and able to keep a conversation going

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I am dating a shy guy, so yes.
    He absolutely hates talking in public.

I'm kind of shy myself, but I'm much better with public speaking than he is so I wind up doing all the ordering (when we go to restaurants), phone talking, dealing with customer support (when an order/something else goes wrong), etc. I also have to talk for him for hair cuts because he gets kind of flustered and just agrees with whatever the hairdresser says... if I didn't go with him I'm worried he might come home bald or something lol

But he's not shy around me, so that's what really matters. And I love being the only person he confides in (and him for me). It's really romantic to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I sure hope so, lol. I kind of am the shy type.

What Girls Said 18

• Shyness isn't an issue, as long as we are emotionally and physically attracted to each other then I'm open to it

• I'd appreciate so much if he would ask me out being shy!!

Once I was at a party and this guy, good looking but super shy, was sitting on a corner watching us all, I tried to make him dance but he was too shy to do it, so I just sit next to him and we had a long and deep conversation... I did the first move and kissed him XD and you don't wanna know the rest

talking to him was sooo good, he had so many things to say but he was too shy to share it with all of us. I prefer extroverted people if I'm honest, but that day I met and incredible shy guy and I would definitely go for a shy one again.

• Yea it would be fun!

• I likeb ur enthusiasm

• I've dated shy men and I've had serious, intimate relationships with shy men.

Shyness is no reason not to date someone.

If shyness was a hindrance to dating, humans would have went extinct long, long ago.

• I've tried it and i realised shy guys aren't for me, because I'm really social and bubbly myself.

• Don't you complement one another? When I used to be shyer, I'd get on with social girls. They talk, I listen. All is happy.

• in our case we didn't. @levin

• If he was able to ask me out and keep the conversation, I don't consider him shy then. If he's an introvert yet still had the courage to walk up and introduce himself? Instant respect and I'm going to say yes (if attraction is there).

I don't notice male wallflowers.

• Actually, I lied. I do notice if a guy is standing near the wall alone if he's hot. But I'm not going to go over to you.

I love it when you're on the dance floor and a man comes up to you and asks you to dance. Love that.

• Shyness ≠ introversion. Some introverts are shy, but many are not.

• No one said it did. What I said was that if an introvert walked up to me and introduced himself, I'd give him a chance. I did not say they are all shy. Introverts don't tend to be my type anyway.

• Yes, as long as he's not TOO shy.
    I'm a bit more drawn to extroverts though.

• Yes of course I would

• Why not? I'd totally date a shy guy.

• I would rather not... I would feel like I'm the one giving life to the discussion, I prefer more sociable and extroverted guys!

• depends if his shyness goes away or not cause i dont feel making the move all the time. i'm shy too and expect my boyfriend to have a bit more 'balls'

• I honestly find that attractive, because guys now of days talk way too much. But not like awkward shy.

• Yeah I would but only if he opens up to me at some point.

• of course!!!

• Yes i think they are cute. i understand them because I am shy myself.

• I think shy guys are cute, but maybe that's just me.

• The shyness isn't a deal breaker for me. I have asked shy guys out before. I understand there might be some social awkwardness at first (heck even from me), so that's ok. It's what happens later on that would make me continue to date him or not.

As long as he is respectful, polite, funny (at least sometimes) and around my intelligence level, I would date him.

• Of course! Why not 🙂

What Guys Said 6

• 3|1
  • The question is, will the shy guy be able to ask the girl out?

• I think so... Mayb stutter afew times.. 😣

• Most say they will but really wouldn't.

• lol by shy guy they probably mean some jacked tall dude who just isn't overenergetic like he sniffed all the coke in one go and drank a tank of redbull and doesn't like to be the jester and stuff.

• Nope, they go for the confident alpha male ;)

• Plenty of girls would bro.