What are some things you don't understand about the opposite sex?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Diamonds. To me they're shiny lumps of carbon. See-through coal. But for some reason soooo many girls still think they're worth thousands and sometimes millions of dollars.
    2. Weddings. Why are so many women so eager to put themselves and their spouses into debt to show off the legalization of a relationship. Like if you're at the point when you're comfortable with the thought of being with another person for the rest of your life why do you need a giant event to celebrate that? Why not just do it? I mean I get the whole making memories bit but a lot of women take it from a nice celebratory event into the most aesthetically "prefect" stress inducing couple hours of a lifetime. Then what happens next? Most people just go back to exactly what they were doing before with an additional pile of debt.
    3. High heels. They hurt. They F up your toes. And most people can't go very fast in them. So if something goes down you're either running barefoot or bleeding in your shoes. So why exactly do so many women have multiple pairs of those feet massacring contraptions and wear them to some of the most dangerous places?
    4. Marrying "up". There are a ton of women who aspire to marry a rich person instead of aspiring to be a rich person. Seems like a huge waste of life to me. Why not aspire to do something worthwhile with your life other than just be a consumer of other people's creations?
    5. Complaining about having to do more than your fair share of housework but feeling completely comfortable hiding behind your spouse during a potentially violent and/or life threatening situations. I'll happily cook Rhonda Rousey as many sandwhiches as she wants if that means I'm not the one expected to be the first line of defense against the armed robber.
    6. Not telling people why you're mad but still treating them like shit. Why not just tell them or or at least tell them why you can't tell them by saying something like "I'm mad at you but I can't tell you why I'm mad because I know it's not justifiable (or because I don't know how to explain it) but I still feel this way". Easy. Done. Further anger averted.
    7. Picking something to f'ing eat. Saying you don't care but then shooting down every idea that gets pitched without giving any alternative options. I don't know why this is such a common thing. There is no reason for this to be such an accurate stereotype but it is.

Of course I'm not saying all women do these things. Just a lot.

• 1) diamonds- I just love sparkly things tbh; I don't know I just have a fascination with them.
      2) marriage- I kinda fall into this category but not completely. It's a girl's one time to feel like a true princess... I would want my friends and family to be there to see me at the happiest moment of my life. Not really sure the cost of my ideas yet tho...
      3) high heels look hot and for me, I hate how short I am so it's nice being taller for a bit... but yes I do think the pain from super tall ones are annoying
      4) I don't know like my cousin isn't the smartest... And she grew up in a wealthy family, so to live in the lifestyle she's used to... I don't know it's not me, I'm the unrealistic "I want true love" type.
      5) you're the guy. You're built stronger. Since the beginning of days y'all have been the 'protector'. Grow some balls on this one...
      6) yeah I can't explain this one but I feel like they should know? I don't know it's hard to explain but it makes sense in the moment.
      7) I hate when my parents do this!!! I don't

• Like choosing because I don't want to let someone down, but if I had them chose I'd at least say like "as long as it's not Chinese" and then just agree

• On the fifth one don't get me wrong I have zero problem taking on the "protective" role. I don't like it but I'll do it. It's not the role that bothers me it's the complaining about stuff being unfair.

What Girls Said 33

• I can't understand why they can't be clear whether they like you or just like you as a friend. That would solve all out problems. As a girl, I am very clear.

• So you tired of guessing if they like you or not? So they gotta tell you that they like you for you to get it? How are you at reading signs?

• @Mesonfielde that is too bad never asking because then you will never know

• True, but girls don't ask the guy out either sometimes.

• What I don't understand is when they act like I owe them something. For some reason, (some) guys assume that if they like ME that this automatically means I am indebted to them and must like them back.

• That is because that's always how it works in the movies. They are a terrible match, but the guy shows some interest and the girl will eventually be won over and head over heels!

• YES! Just because you like me and are "nice" doesn't mean I automatically like you!

• Why some guys talk so much about a girl's body. Her assets etc. and gawk over these women.
    And then when they get a girlfriend they act like they were never that type of guy.
    Lol please.

• Because we like women and body parts is what we mostly love about you guys and want to have. We change when we have a girlfriend because we want to build the relationship and be thankful of what we got.
      At lease what I think. It's all my opening anyways. It could and could not be true.

• I would never finish.

Dude, we can't even understand ourselves, how the fuck can you understand the other sex?

• How they can have sex without getting attached. I know some girls can too but its been pretty set that the majority of men can sleep with a woman then get up and go about their day like nothing happened. As women we are more prone to get attached. Its very interesting. I know about the whole caveman/spreading seed concept but its still hard to grasp.

• Actually, the behavior you identified describes about 50% of females and about 60% of males.

What's odd is that one behavior (becoming attached as a consequence of having sex) is associated with females while the other behavior (not becoming attached) is associated with males.

Being in that group of 40% of males (that get attached), it's frustrating to repeatedly hear that I don't exist.

• women are attached or like the man to begin with, most times, when they choose to have sex. A man will less likely deem feelings as a prerequisite to having sex with a woman. If a woman has sex with a man and she had no feelings before she is not going to magically grow feelings, the most she will have is a physical attachment to the sex he and she have until someone who she really wants comes along lol

• This is very true. For men, sex is physical, not mental. Women seem to need some emotional connection. Men just need friction.

• Why they start something with you then disappear without any explanation at all.

• Its the challenge of chasing you. And once we get you it's like mission complete. It's like girls who try and change guys and when he do she lose interest. It's the same thing pretty much

• By my age they should be over that. They should be looking for a companion. But I see what you're saying.

• Yeah. I know what you mean. Sometimes you don't get over the Chase. I talk to a lot of older guys still talking about the new girls they working on. It really just depends on where their hearts at. Most of them still haven't recovered the first heart break

• Obviously I'm basing this on personal experiences and aren't male-exclusive, but..
    1) Talking about exes... why? There's a time and a place for that.
    2) Sucking at emotional intimacy. What's the big deal in admitting you missed someone?
    3) Bragging. Can't tell if you're trying to impress me or just need to validate yourself.. or both
    4) When I make a suggestion to do/watch something, giving a meek "I guess we could if you want". It makes me want to throttle you.
    5) Not telling me when you're upset/something is bothering you- be it that you had a bad day, or just need to watch shitty sitcoms with someone.

• Everything.

• 1) I'm sure you know that wo/men do not all do the same things and you're asking from our personal experience of what the majority tend to do.

2) In my experience, I've noticed a large amount of guys who insult each other, fight, and then befriend each other once more...'

I don't get it. If someone called you out of your name, they disrespected/have no respect for you. And sometimes they continue to do it. I wouldn't befriend someone such as that.

... That's really it. I do like that a lot of guys have the "I don't give a fuck" syndrome. If they're faced with a situation that they can't fix, they shrug it off and wait for an opportunity to present itself. It's a brilliant way to relieve stress. I've adapted that thought process into my life.

• Men who want to be with me even knowing I don't have feelings for them.

Men who know I care and use it to hurt me.

Men who only want sex and friendship but then are surprised and confused when they develop feelings.

• It's so hard to understand liking someone who doesn't like you back right? Women never do that

• @M_A_X It's not the liking. It's wanting to pursue a relationship with me after I've explained I don't have romantic feelings.

• Why they won't take me seriously once I bother with my appearance. When I dress like a hobo and don't put any effort to look good, they will give my opinion some real consideration and a deeper response.

But when I look pretty, they don't listen or care, they just wanna get into my pants and will say whatever to pacify me in order to get themselves on my good side. They stop thinking with intelligence and turn into horny cavemen with limited thought processes.

- Sigh -

• I actually think they just find you generally attractive in your typical form; but when you think you're being "pretty" they actually assume you are an easy slut. It's the makeup, that is the difference.

• That they chase so hard initially but after getting the girl they just lose interest?
    Why do they claim to hate fake and slutty girls and then drool over surgically enhanced celebs like Megan Fox, Kaley Cuoco?
    Why do they have to praise other girls (physically) in front of their partners when they are pretty sure she ain't gonna like that?

• 1st it's the challenge you got through tryna get the girl. It's like girls who try and change guy's once it happens they lose interest.
      2nd. The way to a man's pants is his eyes regardless of what he say. We see beauty
      3rd. We never gonna have chance with those type of females so it shouldn't really bother you. And tbh I'm not a fan of girls who get jealous about me just talking about a girl you no I can't even get

• I like your honesty! 😊

• Why guys will continue to chase a girl even when she shows zero interest and/or if she's already flat out rejected them. Why chase someone who's not nice to you?

• So you've never liked anyone before who didn't like you back?

• Well, no, I don't want to be treated special, but at the same time, you don't throw a ball at a blind guy.

• Unless you tell people this about you when you first meet hem, how could they know? @m_a_x

• What I don’t understand is how they think they are conning us about how much they want us love us etc. We know all they want to do is fuck us. We are allowing them to think we are being conned. Girls are 2 steps ahead of any guy any time. You never pick up a girl! We allow you to pick us up. Remember that. Next thing I don’t understand is why they are so uptight about their penis. Most of us couldn’t care less and we realize that the gigantic Cocks on porn movies are very rare. And we don’t care the guys a hired because they have big Cocks. It’s acting the whole thing is acting and you think it’s real. Men are little boys.

• Yes, that's clearly the only thing that any men want. That's why people with happy families are out there

• @M_A_X I understand that you’re being sarcastic. There is a however to all of this. Happy families do exist that does not make my replies any less valid. Eventually men mature out of the constant preoccupation with having sex. Darwin’s survival of the fittest was misinterpreted as believing that men were constantly in battle. Robert Sapolsky at Stanford University has written many times in books and lectures that spreading of one’s chromosomes and genes is the real meaning that Darwin proposed. Men are always horny (not all men not always but in general). They are so because of the desire to have offspring. The horny yes-man had the most children. And their children had the most etc. on and on for thousands of years. As a result over time the vast majority of men are constantly horny. They were selected out. Understanding and accepting this by females does not mean that all females should be promiscuous. All it means is that women need understand that this situation exists. How they

• deal with it is problematic. Man who can effectively suppress this desire have the most successful careers and have the happiest family. Since we are dealing with a population here that is teenage to let’s say 40, that horny desire is present in that age group. Over 40 yes it’s still present but that is midlife crisis that is old-age that is a desire to stay young etc.

• I don't understand how they can exchange texts, have sex with you at their house on more than one occasion, talk about work and family etc. Then they just stop all communication and ignore you even in public! Hello!!! Don't they know we are not built like that... Just give us an explanation and we will move on...

• It's a lot of reasons for that. Tbh mind is cause most of the girls I talk to tend to start getting clingy hella early so that kinda scares me off. Did that to the last three girls I was talking to now they all hate me for it. But what I gotta stop doing is just getting up and just leaving instead of talking it out. I usually try to end it before the girl start to invest to much in me. I always make sure I tell em we just friends but after a while that's shit just don't work.

• How they go about deciding who to commit to and who not to and how they can be contradictory in these decisions.

• Chemistry is the biggest thing forsho. Its a lot of females with hella potential but a lot don't meet my physical and some don't meet my sexual

• See I never understood why girls complain about that when you know us guys are physical creatures we like what we see. No matter what guy come up to you good or bad manwhore or faithful man. The only reason you caught his attention is because of your looks. Some times looks are all you need when just tryna have fun. Personality don't come in until you tryna make something out of it

• Which is why i judge them for the same thing and have no problem rejecting a guy for his looks. I have always known men were physical visual creatures. So it's not picky if I judge them for the same thing they judge their interest in me for.

• why can they not handle a head ache or a cold , they act as if they are dying

• Women have a stronger immune system than men, and because of that are better at handling sickness.

• @Aeliuz hmm okay why dont mean know what they want in a women , we women know what we look for in a man as in we know what we like before even ebing with 7 guys and men seem to need to be with an amount of women to find out what qualities they want in a woman

• Maybe men are just less picky, which wouldn't be that weird as there is no female equivalent to 'alpha male qualities'.

• why they have to be so damn giving and then take it all away with one swing!

• why do guys always have to sit with their legs opened?

why dont they wanna listen to our menstrual probs

why do they enjoying farting and laughing about it?

why are they stubborn to ask for help? is it a macho thing?

• The stubborn thing is kinda a macho thing, guys want to show that they can protect their mate (going back to when we used to be apes) and to guys asking for help is lowering our defenses and therefore making us seem not as manly

• Sit with our legs open, uh, HELLO, there is something more, there, for us, and crossing our legs HURTS!
      I don't have an issue if you say that you're 'not feeling your best' or even using that little 'test' thing, sending your guy out to get you tampons or pads at 11pm. I don't need to hear about the details of the specifics. If there is something I can do to help, or make you feel better, ok, but just telling me stuff I can't fix makes me feel useless!!
      I don't do the farting thing!! That's some immature thing. . .
      Most guys don't want to ask for help because we were mostly raised to solve our own problems, and figure sht out!! If we have to ask for help, it's like we failed, and we hear our dads telling us we Fcked up, in our heads!!

• @SomeGuy37 I hear you. thanks

• Everything on a more complex level (emotionally). I know most guys main interests and social attitude but when I try to see what's in their heart they back off. So when I think about it- it's everything.

• Tbh i don't like letting females in to my heart because I feel weak if I do. Mostly because they can take advantage of it which has happened before. So ever since then I keep my heart and feelings away

• That isn't fair to me, especially when I let my guard down. If they expect a relationship then they need to take some risks.

• Well for me. Imma need a girl who is "VERY" patient cause i will open up but i take it very slow. Imma actually a risky person. But when it to stuff like this I rather just keep it to myself

• I don't understand how the guy I've dated dumps then breaks up with me then asks me out again and repeats the same prose over again.

• Why do they think they don't need face moisturizers or lip balm, even in the deepest winters?

• Because my face doesn't get dry, and I can moist my dry lips in 10 seconds without lip balm.

• @Mesonfielde "So technically, yeah. Why, do you take laxatives even when you don't have constipation?" I don't, but some people do this to lose weight lol

Moisturizers offer protection for the face like a beanie offers protection for your scalp or gloves for your hands.

• Well it's not cold enough here for that to be relevant. But if I'll ever move to Canada, I'll keep it in mind.

• why they act like you're the most precious person and then a few moments later treat you like shit and tease you to hell

• Almost everything, but then again I'm inexperienced. Lol
    But anyway, what I always wonder is how they determine women's attractiveness and approachability.

• Attractiveness based on physical attractiveness (face, body, style, voice. perceived behavior) and approachability depends on how much they seem interested or uninterested in talking to you, or whether it is appropriate in that given context.

• I don't get why esta stole my car

• Why they always treat pretty girls like they are nothing more than an object and oh when they are interested in me I am still cluess on that one.

• Why their emotions are so attached to their sex drive.

• Science, bitch. SOMEONE needs to want to reproduce.

• No I meant while they lose wood if they are sad, have something on their mind etc.

• I don't understand?

• Why do guys say they like you then go date another girl or ignore you? This happened more than once:(

• Why don't they cry as much?
    Do they just hold it back a lot or just don't feel like it?

• It becomes quite difficult to cry even when you actually feel like it; if you spend enough time suppressing your emotions rather than expressing them. Personally, I tend to chop onions, and my tears just don't work and it burns so I have to wash my eyes with water instead.

• Because they are not sissies?

• Guys emotions for sure, like why they think the way they do

• I cannot answer that because I have no idea how you think I think just because I'm male

• Most of us think relatively simply in comparison to girls. But you girls make everything so complicated it seems like we're complicated.

• @DarkHumorRUs yeah I'm sure we make you guys complicated lol

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 45

• The fact that women do not always want a solution to their problems when discussing their problems with you. I mean, what is the point of discussing our problems if we are not going to brainstorm solutions? I don't understand the talking just for the sake of talking sort of thinking which underlies this female approach.

• I am a girl and don't understand this so... yeah.

• @nymous1234 what is the practical use of "understanding" and not coming up with a solution or advice? Or wait, there is no practicality, because girls don't like practicality because they're fucking crazy.

• @DarkHumorRUs understanding means seeing my side of things and sympathizing with how i feel. whereas giving solutions right away sounds like you are immediately being objective and ignoring my feelings. Solutions are welcome of course, but not right away each time. like i said time and place. ;)

• why do you need so many shoes and handbags?

• Why some girls hide crushes and keep those things locked up.. like why not just clearly show him you are interested? Lots of women expect men to read minds. Lol, we aren't that bright--we definitely can't read minds!

• Haha because guys don't get when girls like a guy. If I like someone and the opportunity is there I will tell him but going up to a random guy and just saying it would scare them off.

• Because in a girl's mind if a guy is usually obvious about who he likes, then he would have shown he likes her already so if he hasn't shown this then she assumes he doesn't like her and so she keeps her 'crush' to herself for fear of rejection that she thinks will certainly happen. Makes sense? lol :P

• @Kira88 yup def an obstacle too

• Women who are afraid of going outside alone in a city at night or in the evening.

Tall girls complaining about their height - be glad you are not short, short people are taken less seriously, women are taken less seriously at the work place anyway

Gossiping - it only makes you appear bad - I wouldn't trust a girl who gossips

• "Where do you want to go?"
    "I don't care" HATE that.
    - if you want sex just come out with it, no need to pretend you're in a movie.
    - stop making hints, we don't get this. Be direct.
    - how a lot of them act weak but then think they're strong because of child birth. Being strong is a 24/7 thing.
    - i can hit you but since I'm a girl you can't hit back.

• No one, of either gender, gets hints.

• I never want to chose where to go because I hate letting people down.
      I've never had sex (waiting till marriage) so I can't help there.
      Yeah the hints part are confusing but y'all can be too there.
      And we want to be protected, it's a great feeling, but we also hate being called weak.,. It's kinda hard to explain. (Like the, 'I was going to clean my room but now that you told me to I don't want to')
      And the hitting thing; y'all are stronger and can easily hurt us when not trying to... Girls shouldn't hit guys either but it is more reasonable then a guy hitting a girl

• i understand women just fine. think of them as selfish children and everything starts to make sense.

• As a guy on the shyer side, i really hate it when girls don't express themselves when they're angry. Like did I do something wrong or what? And if I did, what did I do? Silence isn't gonna do anything

• yeah.. we expect you to figure it out. sounds stupid but during those times, we feel like guys are being insensitive. We are emotional but when it comes to that part.. we rather be silent, not all the time ofc and it may also depends on the personality... yup, girls do that at times.

• @simplyadorable so you're doing it INTENTIONALLY?

Evil.

• oh gosh no! im not evil. huhu. It's like when you are angry, either you burst out and talk nonstop or keep quiet until your anger goes down. @DarkHumorRUs

• Why they can't make up their mind?
    Example- I want the couch over there by the door. Wait I don't like the look. Let's try it over here. I don't like the angle. Let's move it by the window. That's too much light. Can we try it in the corner? That's not enough leg room. Let's try it by the door again. Perfect

Or trying on 10 different outfits

It just baffles me.

• can't really think of anything, most people are pretty simple to understand or figure out.

• If eyes aren't real then how can women's eyes be beautiful?
    www.kontrolmag.com/.../Jaden-Smith.jpg

• I don't attribute behaviors to physical sex.

Although I do admit, I don't understand why girls think they are more attractive with face paint on, when they obviously aren't.

• How they can be so indirect about things. Like they could be mad at you about something you did and so you're totally unaware of this because they won't come to you directly saying what's on their mind. So they'll do uncharacteristic things to catch your attention and when you finally catch on it's like pulling teeth getting them to open up.

• - They refuse to face their problems
    - Lying

• How some girls assume we want sex, I have multiple friends who think I am only friends with them because I want to sleep with them, but, in reality, if they wanted to sleep with me I would turn them down.

• Why some girls make a "relationship-quality" wait for sex, but will fuck a guy she doesn't want to be serious with much more quickly.

These women are romantically drowning in their own hypocrisy. #Stupid

• For me the most confusing thing about women is that they will cover themselves up and feel uncomfortable about men looking up their skirts, yet they have no problem going to a male doctor and allowing him to examine their vagina, even if there's lots of female doctors available. It's confusing to me how women can be so easily brainwashed into thinking that male doctors don't look at them sexually just because they have a medical licence.

• Well the difference between a random guy looking up your skirt and a doctor looking at your vaginal is that one is medically trained and the other is not. I mean that's not genuinely a hard question to grasp is it? One is looking for our pleasure WITHOUT your consent, the other is a medical professional with a purpose and permission.

• @simplyadorable No, I don't think should be allowed and I think women like you are brainwashed and very naive.

• thanks for the concern. lol. but don't worry, i prefer female docs. fyi, i am not naive if you have noticed, im being open-minded here

• The head games they play drives me up a wall

• If you don't want me to tell you how to fix your problems then say so before laying them all out in front of me.

• Where do I even begin? I guess how fickle they can be and how much they contradict themselves so nobody ever knows what's going on with them.

• - showing obvious interest, then lying about it when they changed their minds: "You misread my friendliness for interest" BS.

-Related to the above, not recognizing that they are sending signals with clear meanings. I had a woman I was interested in use a blatantly seductive "follow me" hand signal, AFTER she'd rejected me.

-Not taking us seriously when we are being clear.

• Why do girls want the guy to be in charge instead of having an equal relationship?

• Because guys are "the leader of the household" it's old school morals. It's nice to be taken care of in that protective aspect

• @Dogs1997 Some women may be physically weaker but it doesn't mean that they need a protector. Just look at Ronda Rousey she scares me.

Nothing wrong with feminism. As an egalitarian I support women becoming equal to men.

You can't have both rights and privileges. So either be 100% equal when it comes to dating or get back in the kitchen.

• You do you. There's still a difference between getting paid for doing the same job and having complete equality. Honestly I don't agree with the feminemism nazis but there's just some common sense

• Hmmm, some girls who feel not pretty enough to go outside

• Their obsession with what others think about them.

• how they expect to do all the work. I have to approach them. I have to ask for their number, and I have to make the plan for the dates... Do not like!!!

• That's more of the "guys are the ruler of the household" thing... The old school morals. Doesn't mean be mean and bossy, but they need to take initiative

• I see three female cowards downvoted you.

• "I like him but i will not show my interest in him at all and except him to know and make the first move"

• Also when a girl wants to be treated like a princess but bites your head off when you offer to do something for her... the type of girl who identifies as a feminist but want to be treated like a princess, despite the fact that the two things if we go back far enough are polar opposites)

• I'm a hopeless romantic so i treat any girl i care for like a princess

• Idolization is dehumanization, never forget

• Why So Serious!

• I wish there was more to them to not understand.

• Girls are confusing, always make things a big mind game!

• Why they all are attracted to the same guys, and why they aren't attracted to me.

• how the female mind fully operates I would get a nobel prize ! : D

• More from Guys
    15