Is it worth going to the prom alone?

I'm a guy, I'm 16 and a junior in high school. Just to set the tone early on, I've never had a girlfriend and have been rejected twice in two years. I have been working out extremely hard to get into good shape, as I'm out of shape due to my CF and I've completely disregarded all physical pain, I don't care if I break something, the only thing that matters is me getting into shape. I want to go to the prom and there was this girl Isabella I was going to ask but she moved to a boarding school in Vermont, she'll be back to see me and her family (just to be clear I'm not part of her family) every 11 weeks for 2 weeks but she isn't going to prom, and that's a heartbreaker for me cause she's perfect for me. There's this other girl Crystal I was thinking about asking but she has troublemaker written all over her, I'm not interested and there's literally no other single girl in my school. I've decided I don't want to go to the prom. I 100 percent guarantee not a person going will be without a date, it'll be embarrassing for me, and on top of that I can't dance, so it doesn't matter anyways. Is it worth it to go alone?

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't go to prom, but I did go to homecoming alone once. I had fun and saved some money. Honestly, if you don't want to go maybe you can save the money you would use on the ticket and tux rental and do something you love to do instead? Maybe you won't feel so bad that you might or might not have missed out on something.

Most Helpful Guy

• I went alone. I really enjoyed it, it was a great night,
    But so did about 60% of my school. The whole idea of dates just for prom hasn't really hit off here in England so I don't know. If other people are going alone, definitely go.

• I live in America and I am the only single person you'll find in any high school in my state

• Surely that's not the case man, just go with your friends and enjoy it.

What Girls Said 4

• of course it's worth going! enjoy it man! who needs girls at that age anyways? :P have fun and LIVE IT UP.

• How could I live it up without a date?

• that's why u don't hang out with idiots and u hang with nice people. common sense really.

• Nice people are not found where I live

• It's totally fine and fun to go by yourself to prom! It's honestly more fun to go with an awesome group of friends than a date.

• I didn't go to prom. No big deal.
    Getting into college, that's a huge deal.
    Get into a nice college, dorm, and make a shit ton of new friends.
    Everybody forgets about high school once they graduate.

• Whether or not I have a girlfriend through high school will determine whether I die alone or not

• I agree with Heyyakk. Asker where on earth do you live that somehow high school decides so much of your future? Wherever it is, get out and do not look back.

• @detlef I would, but I don't have the money to leave so I'm stuck here til I have my own career

• I didn't go to prom with a date. I went by myself and hung out with a group of friends. I had a wonderful time.

What Guys Said 3

• If you have friends to chill with and are social sure.

If not, No.

• Ask someone out or get super stoned then go alone and be a pimp lol

• Did you read anything I wrote, there are no single girls in my school dumbass

• Ask someone that is out of school or go with a friend. I'm not the one going alone

• You have to go to the school and be a junior to go to the prom

• why go and put that emotional burdain on you. as for endagering your life for a date. believe me dude. a girlfriend is not the end of the world or the lack of one. solitude holds great pleasures and chances for self development FOR YOUR SELF. take care of your health and life. not of society's needs and silly standards.