I think I'm starting not to believe in love, do you?

I've been hurt a lot by guys and I'm starting to give up on love, I don't think I believe in it anymore, do you believe in it and why

Most Helpful Guy

• I do not believe in love.

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, I totally understand.

My first love. We fell in love at first sight. Everything was new and exciting, I thought we were going to be together forever. We planned the future together, we were off and on but it always felt right.
    Until one day. He started ignoring me. He wouldn't speak to me, I had been at a new job and I didn't hear anything. He posted photos with another girl and my heart sank. I knew what it meant.
    One week later, he texted me to tell me he was cheating. And there ended our 5 and a half year relationship.

And after that... I picked up the pieces. I worked on myself and I went out with friends. Until one horrible night where my drink was spiked and I was raped. I woke up bruised, battered and abused.

And before I didn't think I could hate love anymore... I met a man. He was sweet, and he messaged me over work email and was just so interested in me and tender towards me. Our first date was at his flat and he cooked me steak dinner.
    Now, I won't lie. It took us ups and downs and 6 months to get together, even now I wonder if that lack of first love sight makes it real but I know I'm with someone worthwhile. He loves me through and through. And I love him back. Sometimes you need to go to the worst and back to be able to appreciate someone truly.

What Guys Said 2

• Sometimes the men that aren't your type are actually the best ones. But it's hard to go out with the "not my type" kinda people. If you get to know them you might like em more than you think.

• I do. Because love is not always about relationships between men and women

What Girls Said 3

• I choose to believe it what else!

• I do :p because I have read beautiful true love stories/seen people in love and stuff.

• I've never believed in it.