Why does online dating not work?

Is it the fact that girls get bombarded by too many guys?

Or cause they have inactive profiles?

Many girls just use it for fun cause they're bored?

This is what i've come up with.

I can usually send out 50-100 messages and i'll get one or two responses, but I think because they get so many messages everyday, most guys get lost in the inbox. Probably explains why I can message a girl for a day or two and then after that I don't hear from her.

Any other ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• ... because online you build an image of what they are like as a person and how your life could be together, but it is only an illusion. Then When you do meet or over time as you get to know the person your illusion becomes shattered , because you discover they aren't the type of person you thought they were.

Plus, people need to build a rapport and bond in person or the two people gradually lose interest. It is so much more difficult finding someone sutitable to date online.

Online dating causes people to have low self- esteem due to the many rejections they face. It causes many insecurities too.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can confidently say over experience I can get responses by the majority of girls I message just by being interesting, polite, and NORMAL. I remove myself from prepositions and focus on introductions and rapport. I do this to gain a persons comfort and confidence that I may be different from typical guys, and I try to be different.

I never hint at any sexuality or suggestions for nude pictures, only when I know the comfort of out conversations will I pop in a corny flirt joke. And girls like dumb cute jokes, everyone does to be honest.

And finally, online dating does work. I've dated girls I met online many times. I would say 2 that I consider actual dating and not casual dating. And one of them now is my girlfriend of 7 months and we plan on moving in together. The final key to online dating is date local. Dating online rather than finding dates from online is different.

What Girls Said 9

• Nope, we will read every message, but there's certain things that make us reject it straight off the bat.
    If it's generic, like "Hi" we aren't interested.
    If it's a pathetic pick-up line, we're not interested.
    If we like the message, but don't like your photo, or you don't have one, we aren't interested.
    We want a message from a guy who has clearly read our profile, and feels he can relate to us in some way, and expresses himself well.

• Perhaps it's your messages. If they're generic enough to apply to 50-100 women, then they can probably tell that. We do get bombarded by messages. Personally, I look at the ones from cute guys who have things in common with me and have made some small effort to read my profile and compliment me on something that is unique to me.

• Some girls just want the attention and nothing else. Others may be picky about the kind of messages receive, such as being annoyed with getting a simple "Hi" if they put a lot of effort into their profile info. I've been the latter many times but I've gotten better at responding to guys who write simple things as long as it's nothing creepy or pervy.

• I don't know 80 percent of my messages are read and most view my profile, so I just don't know.

• I tend to respond to the best looking guys in my inbox.

I may stop responding to a guy if he doesn't seem compatible with me

• Could be the choice of photos, overall composition of the profile, not declaring what the person is specifically looking for and not being sure of what they want.

• I do wish I could get some photos with some better scenery. At least mine aren't selfies.

• Online dating although convenient is not the right way to go

• it worked for me :) i met my boyfriend online

• but i was lucky. he is actually really attractive, and is a complete gentleman

• Was this the first site you joined? Did you get lucky your first time? I hate your kind 😁

• haha, I've gone back and forward on pof and okcupid for a year or two now. and have been on like 5 dates with other guys until i met my current boyfriend. he's a great guy :) so happy to have him

• They want to waste time
    They are not their physically.
    They are not talking serious about thing. etc.

• Most of the guys there are creepies.

What Guys Said 4

• Get their attention by being weird and crazy, usally works :). But I think people with depth in general tend to rather avoid dating sites for sure anyway, so isent the best place to find something deep or serious.

• It's a lot of things. From what I've been told there's way more guys on those sites than women by like a large margin so that puts you at a massive disadvantage

• It really depends on a few factors. If you look like you have some big money (guys that have a big salary post their salaries, or if they own a expensive car and post a picture with it) Also if you look like a model or a sex symbol celeb lookalike. Or if you're a white guy.

• Because GUYS are THIRTSY - DON'T USE IT !!!