How do I tell my boyfriend?

I cheated on him with one of his friends. We were both drunk, but I just don't know how to tell him without him getting really mad about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no way to tell him without angering him, so you're gonna have to let go of that pipe dream.

Just tell him. Be honest. Brace yourself for the likely dump, and use this as a learning experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's going to get mad anyway and honestly there's no easy way to say it so just tell him and get it over and done with the longer you take to tell him the more he will feel betrayed he'll feel because you kept it from him

What Guys Said 5

• He'll be pissed. Not only at you but at his friend. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for the shit storm thats gonna crap all over you.

• Excuses are just lies in a pretty little package. Just tell him because he will get mad and rightfully so. HIS FRIEND FUCKED HIS GIRLFRIEND.

there's no way around it. He's gonna be pissed at both of you

• Don't tell him. Keep that secret to yourself dlut.

• I hope he dumps you and then when you meet another great guy he breaks your heart lmao

• say the truth from him.

What Girls Said 7

• He's going to be mad, and he has every right to be. Own up to your actions, and face the consequences.

• I never said I wasn't owning up to what I did, all I asked was how to tell him. Obviously I'm going to tell him.

• You use your words. What suggestions are you looking for? Have a candle-lit dinner and buy him a new video-game, then deliver the news? He's gonna be pissed either way.

• Candle lit dinner, what a great suggestion

• I don't know. But I hope he leaves you either way.

Also, you're trash. And that's me being as generous as possible with what to call you.

• Lmao thanks for name calling. How about acting mature?

• Okay girl you're so absolutely 110% correct. Tomorrow I'll go get myself some "self respect"

• Good. I'm glad you've opened your eyes.

• Just tell him upfront. No attempts to justify it, own up to a big fuck up.
    Best to not even mention that you were drunk. That changes nothing in what happened, you still cheated on him.

• Do you know what makes me angrier/more annoyed than cheaters?
    Cheaters who excuse their behavior with a "I was drunk..."

You disgust me.

• I never once excused my behavior, I know what I did was wrong. All I asked was what's the easiest way to tell him.

• Yes you are correct that is what I said and I also said I know I messed up. Read the whole comment not just bits and pieces. I owned up to what I did even though I WAS DRUNK AND DONT REMEMBER EVERYTHING. Thank you.

• I read the whole comment before I posted and I still stand by my opinion.
      You don't own up to something and then blow it off with "I was drunk". It's counterproductive.
      There are a lot of people that end up drunk and NOT having sex.
      obviously there's more to the story here than you just getting drunk and having sex. There's something in your relationship that you wanted elsewhere.

• just tell him!

• No matter how you tell him, he's going to be upset.

• He will be mad. You cheated. Drinking is no excuse.

• I never said it was an excuse all I ask was the easiest way to tell him.