Is it okay to date your internet friend?

my best friend lives in Australia, while i'm here in america. I really like him, I even feel like i'm in love with him. I trust him with everything, so I tell him about anything that happens. But do you think its okay?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure. Why not?

• I just feel like people would disapprove like "how can you love someone you've never met" and things like that. It took my mom a while to even like that I talk to him lol

• Lol. Girl, there will ALWAYS be someone with a dissenting opinion about whatever you do. Who cares about them? It's YOUR life. Do what you want and what makes you happy.

• ah, thank you. Made me smile (-:

What Guys Said 4

• I don't understand what those LDR relationships expect to happen, I mean you can't go on a real date ever.. you can't be intimate.. you can't actually go places, do things and have fun.. it just seems abnormal to me.

Internet different can be a buzzkill for great people you meet that are far away though!

• ah I understand where you're coming from but we're planning on meeting soon

• If you are very under 18 in age, you might want to have your parents be involved. Just throwing that out there. Never know about the internet these days, ya know?

• Bravo. Even if over 18, be careful of this.

• I mean yeah, do what you want. Is thinking it's ok doesn't really matter. If you think you can make it work then do it.

• that time zone diff is fucked up... lol

• I know lol.. We find a way to talk almost all day though (-:

• yep lmao

• kind of a waste of time. It's like you have 1 weekend free and you spend it watching someone eat food instead of eating food.

• have you mate ever... or only online?

What Girls Said 3

• You can, but it will be very difficult, especially if you will never get the opportunity to be together in person. To me, that's just setting yourself up for heartache.

• eh, lol!!! Its a nice dream! You should PM me! We can be all AAA about it! lol

• it'll be much harder to keep the relationship going due to the distance, but if you guys commit to staying in touch, skyping etc, then it could work. You could maybe even visit each other one day. I've been in the same situation, I got into a relationship with someone who didn't live in the same country as me, it worked for a long time but eventually we had to end it. Just have hope and stay committed!

• we FaceTime a hella lot, we've been talking about dating for almost a year now, and he's supposed to be visiting america very soon

• well if you trust and like each other I say go for it. You never know unless you try