After your first date what do you do?

A- Do you usually text the person you dated right after the first date if you liked him/her without purpose just a normal message?

B- When do you think messaging/texting should happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think call the next day!

• When do you usually go for the next date if he was the one 😆?

• The same night! ☺️ Haha just joking! Maybe a day or 2. You can tell if he is the one, because you will be texting and calling each other until the next date. The phone calls will be for stupid stuff too... Like just calling to confirm, when really you just wanted to hear her voice!

What Girls Said 14

• I usually send a text to thank him for taking me out on a date and to let him know I had a good time. No pressure for a second date. Just a polite appreciation and a little display of enthusiasm.

• That's awesome!
      When do you usually like to hang out for another date?

• Sure thing. I would talk about how lovely it was for them to organise a date and talk about how much I had fun and would like another one if there was something there.

• What if the date was terrible 😕

• Have a second date. He was probably nervous just as much as me, so a second date would be scheduled

• I would text them right after & let them know again that I had an amazing time. That's only if the date was actually amazing.

• I like getting a text the same night to hear it was a good time and to make sure I got home safe. That's really sweet.

• What if he gave her a ride home and she didn't text him 😏

• I probably would have texted a thank you nice nite type text. Did he (I assume you) text her?

• I did but not on the same day.

• Never had an official date let's say but I would just sleep and text the day after lol

• text the same night. although, I do that with friends as well.

• If u didn't had great time.. Will u still tell him I had a great time?

• no, I wouldn't say anything at all

• I text right after if he hasn't xD

• Let's say both of you didn't message each other on the same day. But he comes the next day telling you that he had a great time with u.. Will the excitement of his text will be the same or nah?

• well if he comes tell me in person ofc its better. but texting is also great too xD

• If you're mature, you call her up on the telephone

• I like like when i get a text soon after or within a day saying that the guy had fun spending time with me and would want to see me again

• If he went to the 3 days rules what will be your reaction?

• Last time I went on a date, I drove to meet him at a neutral location. So after the date, I had to drive almost an hour home. Once I was settled in, I texted him to let him know I arrived safely, and wanted to thank him for the great time.

• That's sweet😊
      May I ask what kind of dates was it?

• I met him on an online dating site. After talking online for a month, we agreed to meet for a movie, grab a pizza then walk and talk. It was a nice date.

• I text as soon as I get home, and usually say it was fun.
    If it isn't too late, then you should probably text soon after the date (or that's what I think)

• My first date with my boyfriend was terrible. He talked non stop and I decided not to pursue it. A week later I realized he was probably just really nervous because it had been years since he had dated anyone. We reconnected by email, and by the next date I knew I was interested in him. Third date I told him how I felt. Two months later we are still together, happy, and I often wonder what would have happened if I had not contacted him again. Sending a text after the first date works, but if it went really well a phone call is better, in my opinion.

• Omg I think it was me 😂
      My first date was terrible but we still had a great connection but less communication online.. What to do 😕

• the day after? I don't know

• I text either later that evening or the following morning , just to say I had a good time. Just a quick brief text

• Do you appreciate it if the guy texted you the next day instead? even if the date wasn't that good

• Thank you!

• You're welcome 😊

What Guys Said 7

• Based on the two responses you gave, I would message them after the date if the comfort level is there. Beyond that, you should feel it out and see what is comfortable to you. I waited 3 days before I texted the girl I am trying to pursue now. Albeit I had a reason to text her (she thought she dropped her necklace at my place, instead took it off at home) , but still waited three days to talk to her about it.

• Right after, so she knows I am still thinking about her.

• I would text her the next day and try to get conversation going if I had a good time

• If u didn't had a great time but that girl is your type.. What will you do?

• If she's my type and I was really attracted to her, I would keep talking and if there's something going I would ask her out again. It takes probably more than avg talking for me to ask a girl out sometimes, I just am picky after the initial stage.

• I don't know first dates are weird. normally we have sex.

• That's too forward.

• You won comment of the month from me lol

• I wait until called.

• Not right after. Maybe in the morning if it went good just saying thanks and that I had a good time.

• Cool! When do you usually arrange another date after the first one?

• On the contact the next day

• Usually shoot a quick note saying I had a good time. I usually try to stay away from text conversations.

• Cool, do you do that on the same day or the next day?

• Usually the same day but next day isn't out of the question. Definitely no later than next day though. If i enjoyed the date I like to let the person know.