Have you ever liked someone that lives in another country?

Recently I've talked to someone from overseas, from what I can tell she seems down to earth, and her personality really hit home with me. Very attractive. Why do I have to live here, we are worlds away

Well possibly more

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I'm this situation right now. And besides living in another country, he lives in another continent, which makes things even harder.
    But I'm going to do everything I can so we can meet in person. I can't wait for the day I will be with him!
    So, I really understand you.

Hope you can meet her soon :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if I've met them I don't believe in ldr/internet love/dating sites

• I had a bad experience like that one time before. Girl pretends to be a girl, had pics and even talked like one in writing emails etc. About 4 months talking she breakdown and says she can't do it anymore explaining in an email she was a guy and fake the whole thing, very heartbreaking and a complete shocker.

• Like I said Internet love isn't real love unless you've already met

What Girls Said 13

• Yes, a few times.
    Usually I just left it at that, this time I got together with him lol
    It's funny how I barely ever like anyone here in Latvia, the people I see as datable always happen to live somewhere else.

• Yep, and it's not easy at all. We were living on separate continents as well. I totally understand how you feel. It was a long time ago and he's since moved to my country for good, and we're married now. Skype and Facebook make things easier, but it's not quite the same.

• I had that happened to me a 10 years ago. I met a guy from the Netherlands via MySpace. We met and dated for 2 years. He came to visit every 8 weeks. It was wonderful. He even proposed to me on my birthday. I broke off the engagement a few months later because I thought we were too young to get married. Big mistake. If you like her, pursue it. There's nothing strange at all. Yes, the hurdles of being with her are bigger than in most relationships but if it's meant to be it will be...

• deal with that possibility that its just a dream!!!

• Yes I have actually.

• Yes, and it's one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with. PM me if you'd like someone to rant to. Few people really seem to get it.

• I was in a long distance relationship and it didn't work... for me... but hey there are people who manage to do it so why giving up? :P you never know... people usually say that if it is real love than it will work! :)

• Yep been in a relationship with them for the past 3 years now. :)

• I have, yes.

• Yes. It's so sad at times. Especially when the person is super attractive & none of the people around the area you live compare to them.

• Yes. But, we met in the states, when he was here for work. 😋

• As a friendship? Yes. :)

• Well either that or a romantic one

• Yes it's completely possible specially if the 2 talk for a long moment!

What Guys Said 7

• Well Liking a girl/guy who lives in another country can be very challenging. Such things can be, the Needs of each other, Can you trust another? Will you get bored of each other? And many others i cannot thing of. However over coming these challenge will make your relationship even stronger and it will show that you both really do like each other and not because you been staring at the same picture for too long.

• I believe it can be done

• And with that you have to be sure the opposition is thinking the same thing. maybe in a year or so you meet each other, hang out and many other things. but i would not say it is rare to like someone that lives in another country just hard. BUT good luck and I hope for the best :).

• I'd like to meet an American woman. I love the accents. I just don't do online dating I like walking up to a girl and talking to her. I met one American girl from conneticut when I was 16 and we hit a good note but she was gone in a week. Maybe that's the fascination. It's a bastard eh? They're on your phone or computer in an instant but they're oceans away in real life

• i had a thing with an italian girl when i lived in italy. then i have a lot of italian and french friend who are fucking gorgeous.

• Yeah @ElissaDido 😍😍😍

• Yeah back when i was living in an another country.

• Yeah for sure.
    -_-..

• My half brother ex wife thats from Switzerland and lives there now