Guys, would my guy friend have told me by now if he likes me?

We've been really good friends for the past five years, and I started to crush on him close to two years ago, and it's become a lot more serious since then. For our first two years of friendship, I was involved with some other people, but have since taken an interest in a more serious relationship with my crush. We laugh a lot, share inside jokes, and we're really close. I feel like he may like me back, but I could just picking up the hints incorrectly. I wouldn't consider myself "one of the guys" because he's one of my two guy friends, and I've tried dropping a few subtle hints here and there. He can be pretty dense, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he never picked anything up. Another of my friends confessed that she liked him after dropping big hints for a REALLY LONG time and he was really surprised, so I'm not sure what to do or if I should ignore it.
I am a senior in high school, and we will likely be attending different colleges across the country, so I'm not even sure if starting a relationship now would be worth it since we would have to part so soon. He is one of my only two close friends, so I really don't want to lose him.
What do you suggest I do?

What Guys Said 1

• Spell it out for him. No need to have the regret of not trying all through college.

What Girls Said 0