Would you date a girl (or boy) who smokes weed or hash?

Would you date someone who smokes weed or hash if it was legal where you live and that person didn't let in interfere with their life (they still work and pay bills and are social) so that person just uses it to relax but does use it on a daily basis. Would you date a person like that or would it be an issue? Also why would it be an issue for you or why would you be fine with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes i would date that person. don't really care about the legality since i think marijuana laws are useless

to me responsible marijuana use is akin to the person who works a hard day and comes home and relaxes with a drink. just replace that pint glass with a joint/pipe/etc

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• I would, everything in moderation. As long as they are not total stoners a little bit of weed will not mess things up.

• It would be an issue for me... I've never done drugs of any kind.

I've seen the effects of social/ daily use of weed on a close friend who used it to " chill and relax" it impaired her rational ability, it has affected her child- born addicted... and since her " habit" which she claimed was just to chill and relax ended in a car crash that killed people in the other vehicle, she is now in prison and her 2 year old child is still on a methadone program, has mental and developmental issues and is in state care at tax payers expense...
    I'd much rather no- one using weed, all the families with loved ones currently affected by it, not affected anymore, and my tax dollars put to better use...
    Users always say it only effects them, but they never look at the long term picture... and how their actions affect those around them...
    How much better their life could be with their drug money put to better use...

Maybe people who use illegal drugs should be drug tested for welfare benefits and denied tax payer funded health care!!

Just my opinion

• Sounds like a fair opinion, only your example is different from my example, in my example it doesn't interfere with normal life, this person does everything she is supposed to do that day and doesn't smoke until she can stay inside until the high is over, she wouldn't do it if pregnant and would never drive under influence. What you describe is substance abuse, what i describe is simply relaxing in front of the tv with a joint in hand. But I do get your point.

• @zoooot like to see you use that argument with our law enforcement!! And all the research, including long term effects seem to go against your theory... Either way I'm not interested in being involved emotionally, socially or business wise with anyone you uses illegal substances here...

Enjoy

• just stating facts mate, your law enforcement has very little if not nothing to do with my life haha

• I would be ok with smoking weed as long as she doesn't smoke it too much cause we could relax and hang out together.

• no. i hate the smell. if they didn't do it around me, then maybe.

• i have no issue with that at all, then again i am also dutch so there's that :P

• Let her smoke alone. Not interested in such girls.

• yes and no.

i smoke like everyday but i know its a temporary thing.

if i stop and she's always high, id be turned off and feel she's not for me...

if were headed to the same direction than yes

• I would not.

• No. Drugs are a deal breaker.

• I'd date you if you drank alcohol I don't take relationships serious enough to care what my partner puts in their body. I guess I've always just have had a more independent mind I hate people who try to tell others how to live to the point where they become controlling.

• yup. but not one who smokes daily

• If it was completely legal in that area, and could not give any negative impact to me, such as if the smoke got in my hair?

Then, it would be a red flag but not a deal breaker.

• Nope never.

• It's illegal here but still yea. Hash though, I'd find that weird probably. Just cuz it's hard to find or she'd be so dedicated that she's making it herself. If it were legal that'd be different. But i know a lot of people who smoke.

• I suppose it depends on how often they did it. But most likely not. I hate the way that stuff smells. It's gross

• I don't care if she does it legally or not.

• That wouldn't be a issue unless they couldn't support themselfs really. Then they would just have a problem

• Yes, I would. I would smoke it myself.

• i would yess.

• I guess I won't

• Nope I wouldn't.

• I ain't gonna date no one that takes drugs and/or alcohol. Yee-haw.

• Good luck finding a date then, sure at your age it doesn't matter but as you get older you'll find that almost everyone drinks alcohol now and then. Even if it's just a glass of wine with dinner.

• I don't mind if it's a glass of wine every now and then, but anything more than that I won't take. I've even tasted wine myself.

• they'd have to quit. i despise drugs.

• yes of course

• And take something like that home to meet my mom? Not a chance.
    Pot heads have their own circle. They should date with in that circle.

• I dunno what hash is. As for weed? I don't care, I smoke cigs, whom am I to judge?

• No bc it's not my lifestyle

What Girls Said 22

• No. There are other methods to relax. If a person is dependant on a substance to relax then they obviously need help.
    Same goes for cigarettes or daily alcohol consumption.

• I definitely would!

• Because you like to smoke too or it just wouldn't be a problem for you? :)

• I occasionally smoke cigarettes and marijuana. I have dated a couple of guys that did either. I didn't mind it because they too just used it to relax and didn't do it everyday.

• nope i would not

• I could care less. I'd hope they wouldn't mind me smoking cigs.

• Maybe not on a daily basis just because I have asthma and don't like the smell, and doing that, plus being social, plus having a job, and add in anything else such as school, family time, etc, I would hardly be able to see the person

• It stinks. No.

• No I wouldn't. The only exception is if they USED TO and stopped for good.

• I'm dating a man who does. at first I was not OK with it but now I'm good with it.

• I dated a guy who smoke weed. He was hot and really really nice. I miss him actually

• Nope. I don't see anything good in it and I don't see why people would even want to use it to begin with

• I personally wouldn't but I'm not going to down someone else for it.

• Never. That's a deal killer for me.

• That's gross.

• Nope I wouldn't.

I don't like those.
    And a few other reasons.

• That's a deal breaker for me.

• I wouldn't like it.

• My boyfriend smokes I don't but he is responsible with it. Doesn't smoke much and it doesn't affect his daily life at all. Ummmm everyone calling weed illegal isn't accurate in a lot of places it's legal. In the USA we have multiple states where it's legal and will be legal in a lot more this year. Same as alcohol

• Yea to me pot isn't a drug

• Wouldn't really mind as long as he doesn't change because of it.

• Probably not. I stayed with a friend, and she and her boyfriend smoked around me. I have respiratory issues and let's say I felt like dying.

• Hell no, any pointless smoking substance is not cool with me. Drugs aren't something I tolerate.

• fair enough.

• Although I never said it was pointless, it's to relax, sure there are other ways to relax but if this is what works for that person... Then i'd say it's not exactly pointless, there is an actual point to it.

• Can't stand smoke regardless. I can't breathe around it. There are better ways to relax too