He's mad I didn't wait around?

A guy I've been in contact but haven't seen much of lately, he's been mentioning hanging out quite a bit lately and I agreed to but that's as far as it's gotten... But his friends invited me out to a get together and I asked him if he was going - he hadn't heard about it at that point but said maybe... I said alright, let me know if you want to go? ... After almost a week, I made other plans for the weekend - I wasn't going to waste my weekend off - so now the day before he messages saying he's going... I said sorry, I really wanted to hang out but I didn't hear back so I made other plans... Now he won't talk to me -.- ... Opinions? Was it wrong of me to not wait around? Because honestly, I don't feel like a friendship should be when he feels like it or when he finds it convenient... I don't mean to be rude about it but he didn't understand he never replied to even acknowledge he was going to let me know... Silence for almost a week... Did i do the right thing?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes you did the right thing here. Honestly there is no excuse to leave you hanging awaiting an answer , seriously an entire week of nothing just isn't acceptable unless he is hospitalized and just can't get word out to you

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah you did the right thing. Let him be angry, it's his problem. Nothing to care about.