It seems like everyone my age has experienced some sort of relationship & I haven't... I feel so inadequate for any guy I start seeing?

I'm 21. I feel like I haven't experienced what others have because they've been "in love" or fallen in and out and have grown from it.. Or know more about what it's like. I have no idea what it is like to be in a healthy and loving relationship. I dated one guy for 4 months who had anger problems and belittled what I did and basically stole who I was for a bit. We never liked each other.. We just used each other.. He filled some sort of emptiness and I was his little play thing (he was 29, I was 20). Now I'm talking to this other guy and I'm looking at old pictures he has on fb of over a year ago and it looks like he was in love with this chick and she was with him. They're not together now.. But I just feel inadequate. Like I don't know how that feels. I haven't ever felt that way with anyone before. I've never wanted to give myself to anyone. I've always focused on myself. Granted I am in a good place with myself.. But I just never had the connection and I feel like im behind or like its hard for me to get close to anyone and nobody will have the patience.

Most Helpful Guy

• Join the club, I'm the same age as you, same issues, never kissed a girl (I have barely hugged women), dated one, or been romantically involved with one because apparently I am too "passive" with women (as in waiting for them to ask me out won't happen which sucks cause I dont even know how to ask them out, like I literally dont know what manner to do it in, or what to say before during and after asking them out, I dont know where we would go on a date because I have never been on a date so I dont know what that entails. I am so clueless with this stuff, and I dont really want to learn, I just want to get married to a nice girl and end this nightmare of dating that I have no idea about. All my friends have been in multiple relationships, the only girls I hang out with are the girlfriends of my friends, and even though I am nice to women they dont really go out of their way to talk to or befriend me. It sucks. So I know exactly how you feel, at least you were sort of in a relationship though, I haven't even been in one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in a relationship with a man for 5 years. He cheated on me 3 years in and I found out on my birthday then found out he was messing around again the following year on my birthday.

Never feel inadequate because you lack experience in getting hurt. Now that I'm single (have been for a year now) I love it when guys haven't been broken.. They're more open and aren't so apprehensive to get close to you.

This is your opportunity to date around and find out what you like. Just remember you're worth more than to be belittled and treated badly.

What Guys Said 3

• It will all come together when u find the right guy and anything bad from the past will fade to nothing.

• You are inadequate. Now drop your panties and become adequate! Woman up! 2016!

• Inexperience doesn't mean you are in adequate. I am not being funny here you are 21. I was a lot older before I had my first relationship and taste of sex.

What Girls Said 0