Are there any other girls here that feel weird about dating a guy younger then them even by just 1 year?

I think I would feel so weird, like if they were my younger brother or something. I am afraid that later on people might think I am some petifile. Is their a girl out there who has? If so how do you feel about

Most Helpful Guy

• Relax it's probably not even a year difference and there's almost two years between me and my girlfriend and we've been together for 4 years

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, at this point in my life I would feel a bit weird about that since I'm 18. Later in life I wouldn't mind, it's just one year.

What Guys Said 2

• I feel kind of weird about dating a female one year younger, mainly due to the fact I like when a woman is my age or older. I am turning 22 in a few months so I need to be with someone who is emotionally mature and won't play emotional games. Playing fun games however I am in.

• By that logic then it's like guys are dating their little sisters.

What Girls Said 13

• I get what you're saying, but to me it depends on the guy. Like if he's a year younger and acts immature and is kinda wimpy, then I could never date him. But if he's a year younger and he's socially mature and strong (physically and socially), then I would absolutely date him. He has to be able to take charge with me. I don't want to be in the lead all the time.

• I am with you 100! I'm 26, I've always been attracted to 29 and older. I once dated someone that was 6 Months younger than me, we undersrood each well, and had a good friendship, It just left like he matched me everywhere except in maturity. I just wasn't patient enough I guess, things I learned (what felt like ) 2 yes ago. He was just beginning to understand and recognize

• OMG tell me about it. I'm crushing on a guy 7 months younger than me and it feels kind of weird. But he really doesn't make me feel like he's younger though!
    I feel like a cougar haha!!! But he's more mature than most of my guy friends who are older than him by a couple of years.

• Well, my partner is 2.5 years older than me and we don't even notice the difference!
    I might be a little weirded out if he was 3 years younger than me, but I just wouldn't think about it :P

• No I don't as long as he legal!

• I dated a guy 3 years younger than me for 5 years. We didn't even notice the age difference.

• Yep. But I'm also into the whole daddy thing and he doesn't really feel like daddy if he's younger.

• Ok you must be 15... And you have not commited a crime cos you are still dateless and god doesn't punish you just because you fantasize a guy who was born a year younger than you.

• I am 24 and I will never date a guy younger than me, my age or 1 year older than I... at thus point he'd have to be 26 years or older preferably older.

• I don't feel weird about dating younger guys (1-3 years.). There is nothing wrong with
    dating younger men but I think 5 years younger or greater can be a big difference. This is my view but it depends on the two people in the relationship and what age diff. they are comfortable with.

• It's not weird it's awesome.

• I think that 1 or 2 years is fine as long as he looks older than you.

• I think it depends how old you are. once you're in your 20s and up, age differences either way aren't weird at all. but if you're a senior girl and date a freshman (I've seen this happen a few times) it can come off a little weird...