How to bail on a guy without making him think I'm not interested?

So I've been on one date with this guy and I really like him. He invited me to come watch him play hockey. I really want to go, but he plays late at night (it's a drop-in sort of thing), and it's at a huge university campus that he plays.

I'm not sure I want to go alone at night and park there. I'm kind of a chicken when it comes to going out at night. Especially in a city. I feel bad for bailing, as I told him I was excited to see him play, which I am. But I would rather go with him, than go there alone, have to find the place in the dark, and then having to figure out where to go in the big complex. I'm not familiar with this area at all.

Would you be upset? What if I suggested another time to meet and a date or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest tell him he's hot as hell and you really like him but hockey is not your thing.. And if it means that much you'll come but you prefer not to go this way he gets to know who you are and what you like and you're being honest with him. Then pick something else you both alike and take him out another time.

• Thanks for your answer :) It's not so much that I'm not a fan of hockey. I actually enjoy watching it. It's more that it's at night, at an unfamiliar area and I'd be going there on my own alone. I've got anxiety and it makes it hard to go to new unfamiliar places, especially when I'm by myself (if that makes any sense).

What Guys Said 1

• How to deceive a person?

• No, I'm not deceiving him. I honestly want to go. I just do not like the idea of going there alone at night. It's a University campus and I get lost fairly easily. Plus I do not know my way around the complex, and it's huge! I totally forgot that is where he said he plays. I suggested to him that we could go together sometime. And I am making a date with him later in the weekend :)

• I did, no problem at all :) I'm sorry man, I just worry too much about what other people think. I have anxiety! :P

• I see that.

What Girls Said 1

• See if you can find a gal pal to come along?

Or else say, "Hey, I had fun and really want to see you play hockey, but that's kinda late for me. Think we could grab a drink or something later on in the week?"