Do you think that racial preference is racist? Opinions?

Do you think that it is or is it not? Why is it? Why isn't it?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's not racist. That's all it is, a preference. Certain races have certain features for the most part, so it's normal to be more attracted to some races and less attracted to other.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't help who you are attracted to any more than you can help what your favorite color is. So no (if I understand your question correctly)

What Girls Said 11

• I think that would be the same as calling someone sexist for the sex they prefer. There's a difference between having a sexual preference to a particular race and thinking they are superiour to other races.

• Yes, even if not intentionally or consciously. What we find attractive in regards to race is probably primarily determined by current beauty standards, and our current beauty standards are racist. That's not even something that can reasonably be disputed. And essentially, since we've grown up with those beauty standards, they've become so deeply ingrained in us that we don't even consciously notice them. So while it's a kind of racism you can't help and probably aren't at fault for, it is still racism.

• You look strikingly like a native American... or a mongoloid mix...

is that why you're saying this stuff?

• I'm sure you are, but it's bed time for you. Sleep. :)

• As I said, not worth my time. You can go on to demonstrate your obvious idiocy on someone else, I've seen all I need to see. You can't come up with an argument to save your life, and accuse others of the very thing you are so badly guilty of.

• If you find zero members of a race attractive, then you do not see that race of people as individuals but as a caricature. There are so many people in the world that it should be impossible for you to find zero members of a particular race attractive unless you have some kind of internalized racial bias.

• I prefer white men over any other race but will flirt with anyone I find cute, just won't persue a relationship.

But I still have friends of all races and love them like family.

• You little playaaaaa'

• You're ridiculous lol

• Thanks :D

• I don't think they are but if they are you can't make someone be with someone they don't want and the people that are the target of that racism don't want the racist either so it doesn't matter.

• Not always but it is heavily dependent on the culture they have and different ethnicities they have been exposed to. Otherwise they only like people from their own town or country.

• No it's not. Maybe you like a certain racial group because of their values, religion, or culture. If you bash people of a different racial group just because you're not attracted to them, then it's consider racist!

• Um... yeah!!!

• i seen people talk about this once. I don't think it is, most races find their own races attractive because it's their preference. just because you don't find a certain race attractive sexual does not make you racist. people need to calm down and stop trying to make everything about racism. it's a preference not prejudice.

• No its not racist its just a preference. Just like not being interested in a certain gender doesn't make you sexists...

• No, but most people who have racial preferences already have it made up in their mind that the race they prefer is better than the other race which is the definition of racism.

For example people who date only Asian girls or white girls because they think black women are not as feminine and think Asian and white women look better

Or a white women who dates a Asian guy because she ignorantly thinks that Asian men are more respectful than white men

What Guys Said 17

• in my opinion It depends on the person's reasoning. We all have reasonings for why we would not want to date someone, and I believe the reasoning behind the racial preference will determine if it's racist or not. For example, if a person is simply more attracted to darker skin, then I see nothing racist in them preferencing the group that possess dark skin. However, if they refuse to date a race because of negative stereotypes/belief about that race, then I believe you have a case to call them out on being racist.

For example.

"I love the features of black women more, which is why I prefer to date them." ( Not racist.)

"I only date black women, because white women are stupid bitches, Asian women talk funny, and latina women smell like tacos." (RACIST... to the extreme).

So as you can see, it depends on the reasoning behind it in my opinion.

• Is it racism? Well, yeah. It is often willful discrimination.

Is it the type of racism that will cause world wars and build the basis of hate groups? No.

• Do you think therefore that it's a part of human nature to be discriminatory?

• Of course it is. We discriminate against others for all sorts of reasons, whether it's how they dress, what color they are, what they believe, what they don't believe, where hey are from, what their jobs are, their body fat content, how much sex they are or are not having, their lineage, and on and on oh the list never ends.

• everydayfeminism.com/.../

www.thedailybeast.com/.../...ence-it-s-racism.html

www.theestablishment.co/.../

according to some new studies on my research, they concluded yes or its more likely.

people dont like admitting theyre racist as real racism happens in secret.

i dated all races before deciding i m best with Asians or someone that has some eastern respectful/feminine culture in them. how i beleive marriage and romantic relationships should be

• I dont think it's racist, some people are just drawn to certain features. People are unique, some have no racial preference, some want someone outside their race, others prefer someone of the same race. As long as you're not condescending towards a ra ial group you don't find attractive, then it's not racist.

• No. Attraction isn't something you have control over.

• most women almost always deems what society values as HOT. they are wired for survival

• If racial preference is racist, then gender preference is sexist.

• Preference is never racist, and if it is, fuck them.
    You have to be with the person who makes you happy, anything less in uncivilized.

• They can be racist, depending on the reason for the preference, but I don't think they're inherently racist.

• Most likely no.

• Nope nope and nope. I'm not having some arsehole in an office telling me how to live. Fuk them all. I'll fuck who I want to fuck. End of

• No of course not

• I assume you mean racial preference in "dating". No, not unless it is based on some weird ideology.

• No, it's not.

• No not to me.

• Definitely not.

• F*CK NO! Its in no way racist.

• That's like saying that preferring a certain type of food is foodist.