Why do women age so poorly compared to men?

I'm serious. After college around 22 they looked all used up and they probabaly are from all the guys they hooked up with lol. Nothing beats an 18 year old. Meanwhile if a guy keeps his abs from 25-30 he looks top tier. Honestly a mans prime is from like 20-35 in comparison to women who only get a couple of prime years. Exceptions are made but for the most part I find this to be true.

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• Women only age poorly because they do not take care of themselves because most of them grew up with fast metabolisms so they developed bad eating and health habits that did not change but their metabolisms did. Where as men take better care of themselves than women because they know part of attracting women is having a muscular athletic body. Which means better eating habits and constant exercise so their bodies had had years of good nutrients and conditioning.

Most Helpful Guy

• dude its gets worse man trust me. i work around people who are like 26-60 now and i went to school the other day to meet a buddy whos doing a post doc for some beers and jesus nothing beats an 18 year old girl especially when you work around their moms all day.

What Girls Said 15

• It depends on the people.
    Think is why I keep my hair done , nice clothes and body looking fit.
    I don't want to let myself go.
    I'm holding on as long as possible.
    The older I get the more I invest in my looks.
    I take really care of my skin now.
    I didn't do that two years ago.

• Well some women have kids, are stressed, overworked, not taking care of themselves, or it could just be genetics. But its not like there are only some guys who don't age well. Men as a whole kinda tend to not look so attractive as they get older especially if they've engaged in heavy sexual activity which also goes for women too no matter who you are. The whole getting old process just happens in different ways to different people so some people just age gracefully and others look like crap after 5 or 10 years

• Because when it comes to mating and fertility you need a younger woman. Men become less fertile with age but not to the same degree. Some women age extremely well but at some age they can be visually attractive but not attractive as a fruit bearing partner. Men with kids already worry about this less.

• Because we have to put up with men? Am I right ladies? :)

• no one ages well unless they stay thin. most men age with balding crazy necks things going on mid sections dropping balls and man boobs.

• they look used because of the opinions of assholes like you. I don't think anyone asked for you to judge women as a whole. I'm by no means a feminist, but its because of men like you that there are

• Tbh i think it's because females over think /stress over everything

• Not really. I used to date a guy 4 years younger - have not seen him in 10 years and DAMN he looks BAD. Ganed weight, etc. He was handsome but he's younger and should look than me - the trouble is, he doesn't.

• I don't agree my mom still looks so good and she's 47. She doesn't have cellulite, take care of her body, skin, hair. She's very feminine. It depends of the people, some men look better when they get older, same for women

• Fuck you!!!

• I think our perceptions of how people age are reasonably dependent on movies- we always see a wide age range of male actors, but all female actresses are in their early to mid twenties (for example, the stereotypical Bond girl). Due to this, we are regularly exposed to men of all ages playing "attractive" roles, but only younger females which causes older girls to look awful.

• This is a huge generalization. Also you are sexist for assuming that a girl's beauty depends on how used up she is. Every person is different it has nothing to do with gender. If you were not so busy making ignorant generalizations you would know that.

• Doesn't stop us getting any though...

• I think your an asshole! If I heard you say that I would never date you! I don't care how good you look. This is why girls hate the way they look because dicks like you. Know that not all girls are sluts and that's very offensive. But if you feel that way maybe you should start hooking up with men. I mean this in the nicest way possible!

• Lol most are.. It's 2015. Hook up generation. Gender roles are completely fcked. I can confirm that most college women are sluts. At least undergrad.

• o dude i slept with a women who was getting married in two weeks. slept with probably a dozen women who have had bfs actually had dinner with one of those bfs and her due to him pooping in on her at her apartment and i was there i had to pretend i was her tutor. i was literately fucking a girl one who was talking to her boyfriend while i was in her. i understand its hard to see women any different after seeing how they act.

• But what the he'll are you sleeping with them? How are you any better? If you slept with her knowing that she is in a relationship then you really brought this on yourself.

• Some age well, some don't it depends on their genetics.

• ... is that why I look 15? Because I didn't do hookups? Okay. Awesome.

What Guys Said 12

• This is nonsense. Both men and women age poorly. Bad diet, bad emotional habits, bad lifestyles: Welcome to the western 'sophisticated' paradigm. It just seems more pronounced because looks are more valued in women, status more so in men; each have their time. It's all quite righteous and self correcting. Call it karma if you like.

• Spoken like a college age kid who doesn't know shit. Wait until you grow up and have a little experience before you speak.

• She can only get so many trains ran on her before she looks like she got hit by one

• Biology wise - women are able to have healthy children up to their 30s. Men can have children up to death.
    With advances in technology, women can give birth at later ages like 35-40.
    Don't agree about the age thing, I've seen some at late 20s to early 30s who still get cards.
    Also, there is that woman who looks 40 and she's 70.

• women look best when they are in their prime reproductive years, as do men.

It's just that our reproductive range is much broader.

We are animals.

• Because women usually have to pop out children and it wrecks their entire bodies.

• You got to be kidding me

• They have further to fall, that's why.

• The saying goes "women age like bread."
    It's true, and it is one of the biggest reasons older women become angry and bitter towards men. Men from 18 to 50 prefer 18-22 year old females.
    news.discovery.com/.../...-after-age-21-140912.htm

A younger, firmer, more streamline body is much more visually pleasing than a clunky, saggy, melting body. This happens to both males and females but since men are visual creatures and women are more attracted to stability, finances, job, maturity, parental skills, etc. An older male will become more attractive to women, while a female will become less attractive as she gets older because males have one criteria and it's looks.
    This is when women start looking for "a real man" and pretend their past doesn't matter or didn't exist.
    They look for the males they ignored when they were younger.
    They start shaming males who have standards they don't meet.
    They join groups and clubs of other women who feel the same and try forcing their garbage onto society.

• What you describe is not actually 'women aging poorly compared to men'

What you are describing is that the peak of female beauty is earlier than the male peak

Girls hit puberty earlier, look good earlier, etc. What percent of adult women would like to have the body they had at 16 again? Lots, I'd guess. Men? Hell no, we weren't even full height at that point, still boys.

Aging post peak is a different thing... it depends first on how you take care of yourself.

• Because men aging is not socially conditioned to be perceived as unattractive, until much later in life. A men with gray hair can be considered sexy. A woman with gray hair will be considered old-looking and will be judged as "letting her self go" although exactly the same thing - hair turning gray - happened to both of them. Same with wrinkles, etc.

• My fiancee is several years older than me (she's also a virgin, for what that's worth, and so am I). I wouldn't trade her for any young woman no matter what you offered me. Everyone's looks will fade (hers hasn't yet, I'm just saying). It's what's on the inside that counts. Sounds corny, but it's true. I truly feel sorry for the current young generation. Most of them will never know what it's like to grow old with a soulmate.