How do I get girls to like me?

I'm 18 and has never had a girlfriend. Every girl who I think is nice or is attractive that I try to approach, treat me like dirt. I don't know if it's because I'm ugly, or if I'm just unnappealing. But it saddens me. My parents always ask me why I haven't been in a relationship. It's embarrassing for me and it upsets me. I don't want them to think I'm a loser or anything. I don't want to disappoint them... that because of my unability to find true love makes my parents and family sad. It just adds to the pain. I don't know if I'll ever find true love in my life. Every time I feel like I've found something, I get turned away. And it's happened too many times... I've almost given up. If anyone has any advice or anything... I'd really appreciate it.

Most Helpful Girl

• well i dont really know your personality or your looks but i suggest just get into a group of buddies. wether it be a school club or some sort of thing.. there are even video game clubs you can join with girls in it. the point is to get the girl to know you slowly. sometimes girls are frightened by guys and act rude as a response out of fear. try not to catch them off guard. make them familiar with you
    im going to teach you something that worked on me. back in September on the first day of school a boy in my class compleatly fell for me apon first interaction. i swear i saw hearts in his eyes. i didn't really care for him. he is the sexy type. but usually i go for cute or pretty boys not sexy manly guys. but he was so persistant and unbudging. he always sat next to me. always asked to be my partner. shared snaks and drinks with me. after two months of constantly talking he started to inch closer to me at our desks. getting in my space. but i allowed him there i didn't shy away. i let our elbows touch in class and then that led to us touching eachothers arms while we spoke. and then he asked me to hang out with him and his friends. but he treated me like his girlfriend. very aware of me made sure i wasn't left behind or left out. whispered jokes to me that he didn't share with the others. and when i had walked straight but everyone else turned he grabbed my hand to lead me back. and one week after that he asked me out on a real date. but the trick is.. i already felt like i was dating him.

Most Helpful Guy

• You speak very feminine, and women typically don't want a feminine man.

Saying things like "true love" is very fairy tale esq, and typically gives off the vibe of a desperate romantic (key word being desperate). None of that prince charming disney crap actually works on women, and your first mistake is actively seeking a partner instead of just letting one come naturally. Getting women is like catching flies, you can sacrifice your day to chase them around the house with a net, or you can just put fly paper all over the house and go about your day instead. In my experiences, I've never actively tried to get a woman, doing things and having small conversations have just lead them to me.

So my advice to you is to stop looking for a chick and just let one come to you. Don't be desperate, don't be awkward, just do the things you like to do and get good at them, conversing with women along the way, and if one falls into your snare then take advantage of the opportunity. The minute you stop making women your priority is the minute you will be beating them off with a stick.

What Girls Said 4

• A girl that looks at your clothes and shoes etc is not worth it, Honestly the right girl will see your personality and see if you are fun, stay true to yourself, and the girl will find you, I know family can be harsh but just tell them to lay off... its hard I know I can even read it in your words... do me a favour, if you go to the shops, smile at the ladies and just say something simple like HI, you will see they will respond...

• Do you take care of your hygiene?
    Do you have a nice haircut?
    Do you have trendy clothes?
    What do you consider to be an attractive girl? Are you picky? What type of girls do you approach?

• Yes, greatly.
      Eh, I just have a buzzcut.
      I like to wear shorts and T-shirts most of the times, and hoodies and jeans whenever it's cold.
      I just like girls who I think are cute, but who also seem nice and interesting. If I see a cute girl but I don't think I'd have a good time with her, I won't approach her.

• What is a cute girl? Short pretty blong? Or could ot be something else? I'm just trying to figure out if you are picky or not.
      And your style is pretty basic. What type of shoes? They tell a lot.

• u need to be hawt and have money, if u dont then get out of town !!

• You shouldn't make a relationship your first priority. You're still young. Focus on school and work. :]

• I know, I wouldn't be stressing over it too much if my parents and siblings/cousins didn't constantly nag me on it. That's the part that makes me stressed out. And it constantly hangs over me when I try to focus on school and work. Thank you for the advice though.

What Guys Said 6

• If your parents think you're a loser, then that's their issue. I'm sure almost everyone I meet thinks I'm a huge loser. That doesn't make it true.

So, as far as attracting women... it's tough to do.

For me, it's about trying to get my life to a way I'd want it. Yes, a healthy relationship with a great woman is a big component of that, but if they aren't around when I'm interesting and successful and I've carved out a cool life with people I want in it, then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm just doing my best not to settle for garbage, and keep my eyes on my goals. I think that's part of it. Not coming off (or being) desperate. I think the trick is about you working on you, and being open to having someone who's not going to derail you or crush your spirit while you keep working on being a better man.

Good luck.

• I think most guys go through this when there younger or at least a lot do. I think it takes time and practice to find girls you can actually date. you sort of have to meet more girls and become more comfortable with them in the hopes one of them gets interested in you. I find girls tend to date guys they know from real life over random guys they meet so the more girls you know the better your odds

• Didn't mean to downvote your reply.

Yeah, it's happened to me on both ends. Online and in real life, like at school or girls that I've met in the city in general. I've always tried to get comfortable with them, and get to know them more. But they usually ed up dropping me and forget I exist. They never usually text me or anything and when I text them, I get the one word replies and such. I know I have more time, but I just want it to happen soon ya know?

• yeah I've had girls do those sort of things over the years , its somewhat common behaviour , a lot of girls tend to more text or keep in touch with there close girlfriends than say the guys they casually know so its hard to develop close communication with some. a lot of girls too have a lot of guys trying to reach them or get a lot of random requests online from guys so they tend to be hard to reach online as well. I'd still try and focus on meeting more girls in real life as often that's how people meet dating partners , its likely some options appear if you know more girls

• You need a PUA doctor.

• What is PUA?

• Oh... well, I don't care about sex, really. I just want to feel attached to someone who loves me back. I want to be in a happy and loving relationship.

• It turns out that this is much harder than you envision. Loving, long-term relationships have more downs than ups and god knows the twists are just ridiculous. You may be better off with your imagination.

• Yea, here's some advice stop being such a bitch.

• i love you :)

• You just got to be easy on the girls. The more you rush things the sloppier it will go. Speaking of "sloppy" I dated this blue eyed brunette what a beuitful girl last week. Took her home, bitch can suck cock faster then the mile percentage usain bolt could run

• @Left_her_drippen why did u reply to me did u make a mistake, i know 4 sure the inter nets can be confused lol !! :)

• I would love to pour maple syrup on you and eat you like breakfast