Girlfriend doesn't initiate conversation or keep it alive?

She always texts back, but I always have control of what we talk about. She'll never ask questions or try to keep the conversation going, it's always end texts. A lot of the time she has no idea how to respond, and she'll say you're a dork or something like that. Whenever I ask her something like what do you wanna do, she'll say whatever you want to do. Whenever I ask for her advice she'll say I don't know babe whatever you think is best. I pretty much have to initiate everything in the relationship, is this really normal? I thought effort was to supposed to go both ways?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, that's not a girlfriend. That's barely a friend. Texting isn't everything, but I text with my friends and Skype with them every day. We constantly talk. If I can do that with them, then I could do that with a boyfriend. It's not a relationship when only one is putting in the effort to make it one.

Most Helpful Guy

• She isn't interested. Girls who are into you like to talk, and talk.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not normal, I don't know how anyone could be happy like that.

• How exactly am I supposed to go about something like this? Because I know that talking to her isn't going to fix anything, she's always been like this. If I wait for her to initiate she gets frustrated.

• Um well you can say "why don't you make an effort?" but I doubt that'd go down well. like she's not going to change overnight so find out why she does it and get used to it, or else end it...

• I have the same problem with a guy that I talk to. And apparently he doesn't just do it to me, but to other girls too. You just just have to find a way to get her to open up to you. Get a good sense of humor going, and get her to laugh when she receives a text from you. Another good way of getting a girl ot open up you is to ask for her advice on something... Hope that helps.

What Guys Said 0