Am I selfish or is this messed up?

So my girlfriend is a super busy person, and so am I, we're both 21, and young entrepreneurs. She owns a business and I am currently in the stage of creating one. When I asked her out, she said she would love to be in a relationship with me and will only say yes if she understands that due to her dreams (her new business), she may not be able to see me much. I agreed knowing the time commitment it takes for a business to be built successfully. I see her maybe 2 - 4 times a month cause she needs time to spend with other people cause I know I'm not the only person in her life that's important to her. At the beginning of this month, she told me that due to it being the holidays, she will not be able to see me at all this month. Although I questioned why, as she wouldn't be working Christmas or the New Years but I assumed she wanted to spend her time with family, so I didn't question it. She put a Snapchat out today of her hanging out at a Christmas Lights parade. Am I being selfish, or is it messed up that she basically cut me off for a month for her business but then goes and hangs out?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I don't think you are being selfish at all. I know if my boyfriend was treating me like that I would be very hurt. Of course you want to spend quality time with her! Your her freakin boyfriend! Like you pointed out you are both busy and the fact that you are willing to take the time to be with her shows you are a great guy that wants the relationship you have to actually go places. It seems to me that she doesn't care as much as you do if she doesn't care about being away from you for that long! Talk to her and tell her how you feel. Be honest. If she doesn't feel the way you feel then you need to find someone else who will actually give you the time of day. That's the end of my rant... I hope that helped.

Most Helpful Guy

• It honestly depend on what kind of relationship you're expecting out of this. It's clear that you both are really busy people and you've got goals you're striving for, but it's quite clear that she has more things going on than you do at the moment, that's why you're feeling what you are right now. In my opinion I would put this relationship off hold until both of you got enough time to build a healthy relationship, and if things don't work out in the future, it wasn't meant to be. If you're seeing her 2-4 times a month you're being tied down hard, you're young live life man.

What Girls Said 3

• Than you need to arrange a time when you both aren't busy! Time organization my friend is the key!

• Haha yes, it's what we always do at the beginning of the month. But this month she said she couldn't see me AT ALL. That's why when she went and posted on Snapchat of her hanging out, I was quite upset.

• Yeah sounds like she want some time alone without you. Maybe you should tell her if she want to end it or start it!

• Unless there was something else happening at the Christmas parade (business) I'd be upset she couldn't even fit you in then. How far away from you is she?

• Chill, it was probably just some off time she had. Don't take it personally.

• Aggh, you're probably right. I guess I just wish I was there with her haha. Thanks, just needed to hear it from someone.

• That's totally understandable! I'm sure she misses you and wishes you were with her too!

What Guys Said 0