I don't want to chase anymore?

Can someone explain/defend why there should be a cat and mouse game of a girl acting busy and uninterested while the guy consistently proves through chasing the girl that he wants to be with her? I feel like only average girls do this which ironically are the ones not worth this whole chasing game...

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she just honestly isn't interested? If you don't enjoy the chase, then tell her that you won't play games. If she tries those games, say goodbye. She will either agree and walk away, or she'll miss you and come back.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a guy, I think putting in some effort and showing interest (without being desperate) is good. I think also that people should have lives and not hover by the phone, desperate for a call. Some of those "rules" make SOME sense. But most of it is a waste of time.

Either no one is interested in me, or they are incredibly adept at playing not hard to get, but impossible to get. Either way, it's disappointing, but I do my best to move on when I see too much of that.

I think getting dates should be fun. I think meeting women (even meeting people in general) should be fun. I think a person should feel good after gong to a party. But if I'm in the game, I'm terrible at it, hate it, and am not interested in playing because the rules are set for me to lose. Different ways? Still gonna lose. I wouldn't play a board game like that, and yet people are expected to "play" by arbitrary rules and enjoy it.

It's Calvinball, but where you're guaranteed to lose.

What Girls Said 9

• How are you sure they play games? Average looking girls may, as you've noticed, be less active in pursuing guys, because they have other areas to focus on as well, like hobbies, other friends, work and so on.

• why average girls in particular?

• Honestly I am always the one doing the chasing.

• If they are not worth chasing why'd you bring this up? Personally I disagree with you and I think it depends on the girl and the guy involved.

• Don't pursue girls who play hard to get. They're not worth it. Just ignore them.

• Its just d way society tells us how to act with boys. An even if we r interested we r too shy to show it to them.
    Do whatever ur heart says. U can leave it or talk to her directly about it of there is someone.

• Maybe the "average" girls are just a tad shy and don't feel comfortable pursuing or showing their interest on a guy. A more than "average" girl will have more confidence to approach a guy without the fear of rejection (or less fear, I should say)..

• Funny how the other girl comments take this to another level and don't answer the question. But anyway if she's playing games. She's childish.
    I don't believe in the chase game. Should people persue? Yes. Because it shows interest. But chase? No.
    The only time I think you should chase someone. Is when you've already been woth them and don't want to loose what you have.
    Now some girls expect to get persude. Why? Because for years guys are expected to ask the girl out and woo her, charm her, pay for the dates and be all romantic.
    Even now I know younger girls who are raised to think the guy has to ask you out
    And for some or most girls. They do expect or hope that the guy makes the first move.
    If you want to ask a girl out, or make the first move go for it it's not chasing it's showing interest
    But don't chase her, you have no reason to base you times on her if she can't do the same for you. It's Childish, to me chasing is like desperate and no guy should chase a girl. Unless she's the one. Guys don't run yourself wild over girls who can't make the time.
    Spend it on a girl hers willing to meat you half way

• Ouch so average looking girls are not worth the chase huh

• Do you think average looking guys are worth chasing?

• It shouldn't depend how she looks honestly you are basically downgrading her for the way she looks... but yes I agree both should meet halfway

• more than that

• Well don't then

What Guys Said 4

• cause they're not interested

• I don't understand the need for games, why waste time with that, be straight up honest and ask them out already, I mean it's that the overall goal anyways?

• I'm sick of it too. Women are too much work.

• They aren't worth your time man. Where did you meet these girls? If in person, you should have more of an easier time. If its a girl from online, then you are just 1 out 50 guys whos chasing her, so she will have the pick