I hate dating but I don't want to end up alone so I don't know what to do?

I have never had a true relationship in my life and as all my friends couple off and get married I've started worrying I'm going to end up alone. Because of this I'm trying online dating but I hate it. The entire time I'm out, I'm checking my watch to see if its been long enough for me to call it done. Am I crazy? Do most people actually have fun going on multiple dates in a week?
I don't know what I'm doing wrong and its making me miserable.
Other suggestions for meeting people that's not so forced and awkward?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. if your hating your online dating experience ain't nothings going to happen.
    2. Your going to have to seem open friendly and perky (probably bad wording). But seem like you are interested in trying.
    3. Its as awkward for the potential partner so try to keep that in mind.
    4. Some times its smart to just slow down and just try to make the most out of a single date rather than assume you gotta shove tons of random ones.

• I do come across as interested I believe. At least I think so since the guys text me after asking if I wanna go out again.
      "Slowing down" may be the thing I need to do.

• Well speed dating maybe great to see what personality you work with best but finding an actual other half that way it really doesn't work.

Most Helpful Girl

• Skip dating then. Try an arranged marriage.

What Guys Said 11

• Why do you hate dating? What aspect of it makes you hate it? Is it because you are nervous? You sound like the kind of gal who needs to be friends with someone before gojng further. Could that be it?

• I do think I need to be friends first and that's kind of the problem I think I'm having, that the guys are looking for a relationship right now, and I guess I'm needing friendship first but I don't know how to put that on a "dating profile"?

• "I want friendship first, then let's see where it leads us..."
      How does that sound?

• As I guy, I hate dating too: having to spend money on a lady and sometimes not getting anything back, kind of like gambling, haha.

But when you hit the jackpot, you both win.

• i haven't dated like that since my early twenties i dont find it fun either. what kind of relationships do you have in not true ones. are you a pump and dump chick?

• You dun goofed

• I hate dating to, you're not alone. It's supposed to be fun they say, there's nothing fun about it lol. Especially for guys.

• maybe you're not dating the right guys. Also, stop putting the pressure on yourself to get married. It'll come when you stop looking for it

• Depends onyour date, some are really great, others bore you to death. Its just mixing and matching lol.

• Two words:
    Arranged marriage

• Get married already.

• Nope doesn't make a lot of sense

• You just haven't found someone you've clicked with yet

What Girls Said 0