Girlfriend is friends with her ex, tells me not to worry?

I dont trust these things, ever. I know she still has feelings. But she tells me "Some people are just better off friends."

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I think if two people can remain friends after a breakup... they were never really in love or they still are. That would be a deal breaker for me. ( Obviously if they have kids together, it's inevitable they stay in contact)

I never stay in contact with an ex, because most of the time it complicates future relationships. Trust issues usually arise when someone stays friends with an ex... even if the person Isn't insecure

You have one of two choices. Accept the friendship she has with him and just trust her. Or move on from her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just trust her cause your causing more harm than good if she starts doubting you cause your determiner becomes controlling. Just give her the time of her life and enjoy her smile and make feel like on cloud 9 if u know what i mean man.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, I can understand being friends with an ex if you have no feelings for them anymore, but when you still have feelings you should stay away from the person so you can grow with someone new and not be hung up on the ex. Yes, some people ARE just better off as friends, but that doesn't make the feelings away. I'd be wary.

• Personally i wouldn't be friends with the ex, in respect of my girlfriend. I know feeling would come back, because they were already there at one point. I honestly think its stupid to be friends with an ex. You can be friends with someone else. When you start a relationship, you know that it will either end in not seeing, or hearing from each other ever again, or living happily ever after.

• I don't think it's a crap thing to be friends with an ex. In most cases if you are friends with that ex, but have a boyfriend, then you should have moved on from the ex by that time. You don't have to be super close with the ex, but if you remained friends I don't think it's too much a problem. The problem I'd have is if they were texting each other or met up with each other alone. It's different if they stayed friends due to them being in the same friend group and so as not to stir up any trouble or drama in the friend group, they kept a friendship going or at least maintained a level of civility towards each other. Other than that, I agree it's not okay. I just think people should be more confident in their partner instead of insecure. If they really care about you, then they won't care to be around their ex much. I know I wouldn't. I'm not friends with any of my ex's, but that's also because our breakups ended terribly. If not, I wouldn't mind staying on friendly terms with each other.

• Has she ever done anything to make you think she'd be unfaithful? If not, then really, if you become suspicious, it's just going to make you look like a tool. Just leave it be, and if she does anything suspicious, then you can worry about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell her kiss my ass leave him or I will leave you

• Ya that's what my girlfriend said tell I found out they were having sex

• Yup exactly. Never works out