Does sex on the first date ruin everything?

Will the guy lose all respect for you? Is it possible to still have a serious, meaningful relationship?
I'm interested in what anyone has to say but especially the guys' perspectives on this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the guy. That's up to you to gauge his character and what kind of person he is on the first date.

Here's a hint, there's a good chance, probably 95% chance, that you're NOT good enough to judge his character on the first date. Just a guess.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if the times right then the times right. My boyfriend and I got pretty close to having sex the first night we hungout and actually did have sex the second time and we have an amazing relationship, we have been together over two years and we have a kid together.
    If you think the times right then do it✊✊✊

What Guys Said 13

• The word I latch on to is possible. Yes it's possible of course.
    If you go out for one night and really hit it of then the sexual attraction is huge. Then you might end up having sex.
    A woman chowing do this or allow it. Either really enjoys sex and simply is attracted to the guy she wants him or simular to yourself you were attracted enough to want to try for a relationship.
    On the down side its not all ways possible to spot a player and you stand a high chance of being used for sex on a one night stand.

• Guts are always trying to get sex. Always has been that way. And if they get it right away they are happy as can be. Then figure you were a slut for giving it to them. Some guys will not be that way, but usually the odds are that they would think lowly of you.

• It depends on the guy. If you hung out with the guy for awhile (maybe as friends) and you know what kind of man he is and you guys realize there is a strong attraction to each other and you do it on the first night then I don't see a problem.

If you meet a guy at the bar and do that he could be just looking for that "easy lay" (no offense) and he will be gone.
    Sometimes the guy needs to feel like he worked for his "kill" to properly enjoy it.

• I say it should be avoided that early. I appreciate some level of anticipation. So sex on a first date isn't a deal breaker but it does lessen the over all experience to some degree

• It's tough to say.

Depending on the guy, it could actually be a relief. So he can now focus his interest on getting to know you, instead of just thinking about trying get to the sex.

Holding out isn't always the best option either.

Guys are willing to stick around for the sex, and while you're thinking "He's stuck it out this long, he MUST be seriously interested" He's just thinking "Almost there..."

• I wouldn't mind it. Sex on the first date and sex on the third date is no different in my opinion.
    But, i come from a culture where premarital sex is looked down on so I still have some residual chains on my ankles about this stuff. All i can differentiate between is if the sex is premarital or not.

• Most of my girlfriends, I had sex on the first date.

• I wouldn't honestly look at the girl the same if we had sex on the first date.. but also.. saying that.. I reckon girls would look at guys a bit funny too. It's a two way street

• So do you think you wouldn't take her seriously? Or just judge her, or think she's slutty or easy?

• See that doesn't make sense to me. Girl and I go on date. Have sex afterward, I'd be very happy especially if the sex was awesome.

I don't understand how I could lose respect for her on that reason.

• I don't think so... I would assume that the date went very well

• Of course not definitely you need to do that

• Women are clearly retarded if they believe this is an issue.

No. The only potential problem is getting slut shamed by other women. Men won't think less of you for sleeping with them.

smfh

• It's true, women do slut shame other women for doing this. But I have no idea how it looks to a guy, that's why I'm asking.

• I think it's possible, but you'll find out real quick what kinda guy he is.

• Well I have a first date coming up and I'm trying to figure out how to handle things. I don't want to eff anything up.

• I appreciate your honesty!

• You're welcome.

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on the guy, I'm my experience I would advise to wait as long as possible or until you feel is the time is right, as a lot of guys are just after one thing, if they are happy to wait without pressuring you then they are clearly respectful of you.

• I wouldn't care to have sex with a girl on the first date.. But let's be honest, girls doesn't care as much as guys about this (in lesbians relationships I think)

I would not lose respect for someone for doing that

• It depends on the guy. Some guys do lose respect and think the girl is easy. Others don't care and a relationship can happen. I would recommend no sex on the first date.