Does making small talk with girls working in stores or cafes ever get you anywhere?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's how I met my boyfriend. One day I was working at the fitting room and he just came up to me and started a small talk with me. I never realized he worked there with me or that he went to the same school as me. At first it was weird but since I was bored I talked to him. Then everyday he would come and talk to me then next thing I know I started liking him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Where I used to work there was a BBQ restaurant I used to lunch at with co-workers; one of the waitresses was kind of cute and friendly. One day one of my co-workers wrote a note on a napkin as if it was from me and left it, something to the effect "I'm kind of shy but I'd really like to meet you outside work sometime"; he had been urging me to approach her. She not only didn't respond, but after that when I went there for lunch she would make sure someone else had our station, and she never spoke to me again. Another co-worker had gone to HS with her and said she was very conservative.

I am generally very reluctant to hitting on girls at their work as they have to be there and it's not like they're doing it to get hit on.

• So where are good locations? And what about students who are doing these things part time?

• My course is male dominated

• I know how that feels, having taken mostly math and sciences. But aren't there some organizations or activities you could get involved in? I had a friend who was a grad student and one of the girls in a class he was TA'ing asked him out. Of course he was a really good-looking guy.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• From what I have heard, it does get you somewhere... as long as you're dignified about it, and not make her uncomfortable when she's on duty. And of course, provided she's single.

• It got me married , so yes the potential for it going some where is defanantly a possibility. After all they are just people like you and i

• When was that? How old were you both? And what happened?

• Yes I was 19 and she was 26 and had 3 kids. That was something I wish I could undo lol but it's part of what made me who I am today soooooo

• I have literally been married most of my adult life lol

• Bro... if she is interested in you... she will give u signs...
    if she is not attracted to u... im sorry mate.. no matter u talk to her for hours and hours...
    still u won't be able to get anywhere... u will always remain in the friendzone...

• It's gotten me somewhere. All the employees at my local coffee shop know me by name and vice versa. I love going there to socialize.