Ladies what do you typically think when you find out a guy has been single for a long time?

I have been single for a long time. I think it has been like 5 or 6 years since I was in a committed relationship. I have had girlfriends in the past but when I was 21, my girlfriend and I decided to part ways mutually and it was not like a bad break up or anything.
Since then I have been single and Its because I wanted to be single, but a lot of people dont seem to understand that. Other than the fact that I wanted to be single, I haven;t found a girl that I really could care for. I have not really tried either so it all plays a role.
So my question is what do you typically think if you find out a guy has been single for a long time like I have?
I ask this because anytime I am asked about it I get really different respones. Some girls have asked what is wrong with me? Most ususally ask why and I tell them but they dont seem to get it.
Why is this a big ting for some ladies?

Most Helpful Girl

• In a lot of cases guys are not single by choice.

Five to six years is a really long time to be single and most people will indeed think what's wrong with you. Such a long period indicates the person most likely went through some hardships such as a bad break up, divorce, death in the family or their previous partner dying.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would like to know the answer to this as well, because I have been single for over 5 years now. Whatever answers you get here, are likely to help me as well! :)

• I hope I get some good answers to help you out. Good luck man.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd assume he was selective about who he dated, because his heart is on reserve for the right girl. I'd also assume he didn't depend on other people for his happiness , because he is able to be happy being single until he meets the right girl. 😊

• It could be for a variety of reasons, generally I don't look at it much. I like shy guys and I fully understand that they often have trouble dating.

• You're waiting for the right girl :3

• Well yea that is what im doing but a lot of girls seem to want to make a big deal out of it. Its just annoying so I thought I would ask to see if there was something I was missing.
      Thanks

• Not all girls are like that. If you ask me, i'd want to be a guy's first girlfriend so yeah :3

What Guys Said 1

• I'm curious to know what they think if you've never had a girlfriend.