Should I stop wearing heels because of my boyfriend?

I know it sound ridiculous but I I've always loved wearing heels. My boyfriend is not very tall and even with a short heels I am taller than him.
He has not told me to stop wearing it but I can see sometimes he gets irritating.

I swear they are not even high.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 5'10 exactly (bare foot) I date a girl that's roughly 5'9. She has heals, but I'm not a big fan. I've always been the type of person to love the simple things in life. I don't get the love for heels, but I get that girls love to wear them. Doesn't make sense to me, but sure. Basically what I'm trying to say is, if it bothers you then wear them... if it doesn't then dont. For me, I prefer for her not to wear them... not because she's almost as tall as me, but because I don't like heels on girls. She could be 5'2 and I wouldn't like her wearing heels. Heels might possibly be the most over rated look, other than tattoos if you ask me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Any person you are with should appreciate you. All of you. You cannot change your height no matter what you do. You were tall yesterday, tall today, and you'll be tall tomorrow, so if he can't handle that, can you go for however long you intend to date him, with him always feeling irritated by something you cannot change? I wouldn't say break up with him, but I would say, have a little chat about him needing to be okay with who you are because its not going to change. Either that, or he can wear lift shoes to help his ego out. I'm 5'9 and in heels, I'm easily six foot or even 6'2 sometimes, and I'm not going to stop wearing high heels because someone can't handle it. If you love wearing the heels, wear them, and be happy and feel pride in being as darn tall as you want to be!

What Guys Said 12

• Ask him if he's alright with them
    Most guys don't mind if the girls a bit taller

• I don't understand women and heels...
    why do women like walking on their does? That cannot possibly be comfortable.
    But if you like it, then wear them
    just know that usually men want a woman shorter then them.
    From all I read, most women usually want a man to be taller.
    So your most likely making him feel bad.
    If your serious about him, you would stop wearing heels.
    If you are going someplace that you feel it is important for you to wear them, then if your not wearing them all the time he can see it as a compromise and won't have the issue.

• No, you should stop wearing heels because they make you vulnerable, and they're wrecking your feet.

Heels are a stupid idea. Your connection to the ground is one of the most important things in your life. You are going to have bunions and ankle problems later in life.

They make your ass look fabulous, but they also make you look like an entitled cunt who doesn't have to work.

If a girl was wearing some sneaks and fell, I would help her up. If a girl wearing heels fell, I would snicker, and stop to watch her get herself right.

They're even more stupid than nail polish. You can at least make an argument for long nails, even though they're kinda gross.

• I'd only be turned off if she's taller than me when barefoot, I don't care if she's taller in heels.

I'd only care if she was the one who made a big deal about it or made condescending remarks.

• We are almost the same size when I am barefoot so that is good.

• Not at all but sometimes his family or his best friend.

• lol, yeah that could get to him

• Heels are hot as fuck! I would love for her to wear them all the time! I wouldn't care about the height difference. Since everyone is different and he already doesn't like them, maybe just wear shoes once in a while. Have you tried wearing some high heels in bed? Is he into that?

• What @Prof_Don said. Seriously that's ridiculous your boyfriend thinks he can dictate what you wear. If he's unhappy with unhappy with your decisions then he should date someone else, and you shouldn't put up with that kind of behavior.

• Your boyfriend is an insecure, controlling fuck. This relationship is doomed, he will continue to start edging out his control on you in more ways than just this!

• Do as you please.

• I'm only 5'4 and I hate high heels but i would never tell a girl she can't wear them. He sounds like a little bitch.

• "He has NOT told me to stop wearing it"

:)

• He still sounds like a little bitch lol. If anything I'd feel like a boss being with a girl who's way taller

• Yes, stop.

• I bet you $10 he loves you in heels.

• If he likes it, then don't stop. If you don't like it, then stop. It's your body, not his

What Girls Said 11

• Erm... just wear them, people know he isn't tall... you not wearing heels won't change that. He should be happy in himself and he should encourage you to be happy too.

• 0|0
  • If it makes you feel more comfortable then stop. If you like them, do what you want.

• I would say still wear them, just maybe not all the time? I love heels too!! (who doesn't?) so why should you stop doing or wearing something you love because of it? But I can also see his side, so I would say maybe some of the time but not all the time so it doesn't get annoying for him

• if you and/or your boyfriend feel uncomfortable with you being taller, you should wear flats when you're with him. If you like heels, wear them when you're not with him.

• i would stop. not because of what he thinks but because i'd just feel extremely uncomfortable being taller then a guy. he'd look like your little brother

• I think you should stop wearing heels personally, but if you like/love wearing them, rock it!

• I think you should just ask him :)
    Most guys like to be taller just because it's a man thing. They like to feel like they can protect women. But if he doesn't care then wear them girl ! :) Maybe you could just get heels that are a little shorter?

• Try to stop wearing them

• I think u shud wear dem. Its ur choice. And he can't control u for that. Its not ur or his fault what heights u 2 have.

• You don't need to stop wearing heels altogether just wear a much lower heel so you don't tower over him.