What do you think of the role height plays in attraction?

People of GAG! I'd love to get your opinions on this article I saw today:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/women-are-happier-in-their-marriage-if-the-man-is-150608431.html#T3uiwiG

Basically, the central thesis seems to be that all else equal, women tend to be happier in relationships where the guy is noticably taller than the girl. I know this isn't the ONLY thing that matters, but I'd like to get your take on how important this is for you (both guys and girls).

Personally, I don't much care about a girl's height either way. (In terms of "superficial" characteristics I care MUCH more about her body shape.) Also, I'm at the average height for a guy, so no extreme in either direction. The main take away I have though is that it makes sense for me to focus on shorter girls, all else equal, since they may be more attracted to me on average. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• For myself, I love tall men. I have to be with a tall man, it's just something I prefer. Plus, it's just sexy to have someone grab you and pick you up and be able to manhandle me playfully (nothing extreme.) I have date guys my height but I just don't enjoy being with someone my height.

• Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and how tall do you prefer your guy to be?

• The US.

• Thanks for mho 😄🙈

Most Helpful Guy

• Most women like height, I think that's pretty well understood

• I think it is. I guess what I'm trying to sort out, is as a guy does it make sense to just focus on girls that are shorter than you by, say 6 inches or so?

What Girls Said 1

• It plays little to no role in attraction for me. I really don't understand it to be honest.

• Interesting! How tall are you and how tall are your current and previous bfs?

• I'm 5'5". I have not been in a relationship yet.

• Got it! Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• I think that it would be logical that tall men don't like too little women (like when she can't reach you to kiss) and that tall women don't like midget men

• Who cares about women and their stupid height preferences?

• It plays into it a little for women wanting taller guys but most women are shorter than me since I am just above average height but I wouldn't want to be a foot taller than the girl either