What do you think of the role height plays in attraction?

People of GAG! I'd love to get your opinions on this article I saw today:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/women-are-happier-in-their-marriage-if-the-man-is-150608431.html#T3uiwiG

Basically, the central thesis seems to be that all else equal, women tend to be happier in relationships where the guy is noticably taller than the girl. I know this isn't the ONLY thing that matters, but I'd like to get your take on how important this is for you (both guys and girls).

Personally, I don't much care about a girl's height either way. (In terms of "superficial" characteristics I care MUCH more about her body shape.) Also, I'm at the average height for a guy, so no extreme in either direction. The main take away I have though is that it makes sense for me to focus on shorter girls, all else equal, since they may be more attracted to me on average. Thoughts?

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Girl

• For myself, I love tall men. I have to be with a tall man, it's just something I prefer. Plus, it's just sexy to have someone grab you and pick you up and be able to manhandle me playfully (nothing extreme.) I have date guys my height but I just don't enjoy being with someone my height.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and how tall do you prefer your guy to be?

• Show All
    • The US.

• Thanks for mho 😄🙈

Most Helpful Guy

• Most women like height, I think that's pretty well understood

0|0
    0|0
    • I think it is. I guess what I'm trying to sort out, is as a guy does it make sense to just focus on girls that are shorter than you by, say 6 inches or so?

What Girls Said 1

• It plays little to no role in attraction for me. I really don't understand it to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
    • Interesting! How tall are you and how tall are your current and previous bfs?

• I'm 5'5". I have not been in a relationship yet.

• Got it! Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• I think that it would be logical that tall men don't like too little women (like when she can't reach you to kiss) and that tall women don't like midget men

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares about women and their stupid height preferences?

1|0
    0|0
  • It plays into it a little for women wanting taller guys but most women are shorter than me since I am just above average height but I wouldn't want to be a foot taller than the girl either

0|0
    0|0