Girls, would you forgive your boyfriend for cheating on you?

Why or why not?

• Yes I would
    16% (16)
  • No I would not
    84% (85)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't. If he doesn't want to be with me and would rather chase after other girls I'm not going to stop him.

What Girls Said 33

• Hell no. Once that trust is broken, it's gone. I may forgive him in the sense that I won't hold a grudge but if he cheats on me, the relationship is over.

• I guess it really depends. I voted no, but that's only because in my past experiences of being cheated on (TWICE!) that unless they actually want to move past the cheating and make things work, it's not worth it.

THEY have to understand that it takes time to rebuild that trust, and that they have to rebuild the trust. It's not your fault if you do not trust them after they are unfaithful. It's not a "forgive and forget about it" type of thing. Cheating really affects people. For a while after the latest cheating incident, I felt I could never trust another person. I felt like I couldn't let anyone else in.

I'm past that now (thankfully!) and hopefully won't have to deal with cheaters again. But you just don't know.

• I'd forgive him so I could move on from the hurt, but I would end the relationship , and cut all contact with him. I would never give him a second chance to hurt me again. Giving someone a second chance after they have betrayed you is giving them the opportunity and your consent to do it again.

I'm a loyal person , and I would never cheat on a guy , so I'd never accept less than I'm willing to give. I have boundaries within a relationship , and if anyone crosses them I cut all ties

I'd be devastated , but I'd move on from the hurt , because I wouldn't allow his wrongdoing prevent me from being happy or trusting someone else. I'd respect myself and walk away, and love myself enough to move on. 😊

• No.

I had a boyfriend in 9th grade (7 years ago) and he cheated on me. I left him. He is not forgiven. To this day. It's not like this giant point of hatred but it will be a tally in the "NO" category forever now.

• No, true forgiveness means forgetting. That is something I'd never be able to forget let alone move past. I can try, but it would never be the same.

• I love my boyfriend and would love to spend the rest of my life with him. He is my best friend and has been for a very long time.

So of course I would still love him, but I would not EVER be able to trust him or forgive him fully.

I'd try, but I know I would have to dump him. It would bug me a LOT and I would not get over it.

• N E V E R.

• Id forgive him
    and then leave him because he'd be a waste of time.
    I've met guys who're wise enough to not get distracted by other women
    Guys who get distracted are easy and not worth it

• No I wouldn't because I tried that with my last relationship and experience has taught me that if they were willing to cheat once then they probably will be able to do it again at some point. And also how much can they possibly care about you if they were able to contemplate cheating on someone they "love"? For me, there was just no way to regain the trust that was lost. A part of me would always worry and question things so it just isn't worth it in the long run.

• Forgive? Sure. But we wouldn't be together anymore. I have no tolerance for it except for one situation and I wouldn't EVER put someone in that situation.

• U really have to ask?

• Deal breaker

• Never I would break up with him ASAP and delete that little fucker from my life!

• I wouldn't because I'm not cheater. It's obvious I expect the same in return. I'd rather him tell me that it's over because he wants to screw other women than cheat.

• I just don't think I would ever be able to trust him again.

• I guess it's kind of one of those things that I cannot imagine unless it happens to me.

• HELL NO!! i have 0% tolerance for cheaters its #1 deal breaker for me >:( >:( >:(

• I've done it before. TWICE. With 2 different exes. Did not work out. Would not do it again.

• Been there, done that.

• Well. You can forgive someone for cheating and move on. But I would never take him back. If I did, it would reflect more of my insecurities than our "love".

• Hell to the no. I would be a dumb ass for taking him back. I have respect for myself & I wouldn't lower myself for anyone. If you cheat then obviously I'm not enough for you.

• I would but if he does it again, I would break up with him.

• let go and leave but not forgive

• For cheat I would never forgive him.

• Forgive, yes. Forget, no. Forgiving is for me, not for them.

• once a cheater always a cheater

• depending on the circumstance, probably

• No. You can't put back together a broken plate.

• If my boyfriend ever cheated on me, I would say I dodged a (cheating) bullet and move on.

• if he let me have sex with his best friend.

• Yes.
    Because I love him and I know he loves me.
    Because it means there was something missing in our relationship, some sort of stagnancy that he felt, or some expectations that were overbearing, and somehow for whatever reason he became uncomfortable to share that with me. And someone came along who could be there when I couldn't, who could fill that hole of his which I should have noticed.
    I would want him to be honest with me, share our faults so we can work it out.
    If he feels uncomfortable with me now, or has fallen for that other person, it would hurt, but I would leave. If he honestly wants to stay together, I would want us to put in effort and give our relationship a new life. If he's confused, I would give him some time but ask him to spend time with me and go on dates and try to make it work so that I won't have regrets.
    This is for a long term relationship, since I'm in one. 6 years. There was a reason why we were together for so long in the first place. And long term relationships undergo the risk of stagnancy over time. It also becomes harder to leave your partner, so I would want us to put in the effort to work it out.

If it has only been a few months, since we were going out, I'd want to know why he cheated and will probably leave.

• More from Girls
    3