Could you truly respect a man if he made less money than you?

Started dating this girl and she is a certified personal accountant and pulls at least 6 figures a year. I told her I'm an investor which is true and I trade on the side. I'm an engineering student and told her that too. We always go half/half when we go out. She drives a benz.. I drive a pickup truck lol. It's just emasculating. Sex is good but I'm wondering how long this is going to last. I don't really have "feels" for her but she is a cool chick and we get a long.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he made less than me, he'd be a street bum 😁

Seriously though, what's the big deal? You're 22, you're not marrying the girl, you're just dating her and you don't have feelings for her so just have fun.

You have an operating vehicle and pay your way on a date. That's good enough for most girls (and I actually love pickup trucks Lol big turn on).

If you have to puff up your ego to feel like you can keep up with her, she's probanly the wrong girl for you. Sounds like she's independent and ambitious though, so that's a good thing. Also, you're pursuing your ambitions so it isn't like you don't have any goals. I'd be more irritated with him questioning his masculinity than the money issue :P Girls who worry about that are shallow AF anyway

(And it's cool you let her pay because I personally hate when guys insist on paying for me)

• I like your answer. I guess we can feel ungrateful of our selves when society or our women knock us down for lower income issues

Most Helpful Guy

• I've also wondered that. I would certainly respect a woman who earns more than me, I have no problem in marrying a woman like that, but I've wondered if women think the same way.

• You hope the woman will respect you but you wouldn't have a problem with it right? Cause the asker seems to have a problem with the woman earning more on a whole :/

• @nymous1234 Exactly. I wouldn't have a problem at all, it means she's successful, which is awesome, so I'd be happy for her. But I don't know what she'd be thinking about a man that earns less, that's what I may be worried about.

What Girls Said 12

• I would respect a man no matter how much money he makes. I would respect anybody no matter how much money they make. Respect is about money, it's about who you are as a person. The only way I lose respect for a person is if they turn out to be a liar or a jerk. Money doesn't buy respect.

• This whole idea of gender expectations annoys me. Why do men have to make more than woman? Did you know woman get paid less than their male counterparts. So a guy in her position would probably be paid more. If she is successful how is that bad? Your masculinity has nothing to do with how much you get paid. If you feel immaculate do then maybe you do not see woman and men as equals.

• I think doing what you love and being happy is the most important thing. Doesn't matter who makes more.

• Of course I would. What kind of bullshit is that? Degrading men because they make less than me? Awful in so many ways.
    Since I don't want a man to think I'm less because I don't make as much as he does, I will not disrespect him.

• I wouldn't personally care if he made less money.

• It would not bother me as long as he was working hard at something and contributing in some way even a stay at home husband that will be fine with me :)

• The amount of money he makes has no bearing on the looks or personality of a guy.

• Hold on. If you don't have feelings for her, why are you wasting both of your time? Find someone else.

• Yes I could, money is not that important.

• Enjoy the ride while it lasts

• Yeah, easily. As long as he can comfortably support himself it's not a big deal. I want to maintain a certain lifestyle, but that's my business and on me to fulfill.

• Yeah, if he was a good guy. I dated a guy with no job who moved in with me before. I just want a faithful, respectful partner. If I make more money that is fine with me. I wouldn't think less of him.

• Yeah, of course. I don't really see what money has to do with respect.

What Guys Said 3

• Women dig it, for some reason they don't mind the whole stigma behind guys making less money. But if you don't have the feels why stay?

• Does she drink protein shakes too bruh?
    Keep her mayne! keep her!

• And when did we started talking without pics? Negged for that.

• LMAO. fcking dying here bro.

• I reinstalled windows, cleared the cache, reformatted the hard drive, I've been on hold with At&t for an hour.. Still can't load the damn pics!!!