How to get a guy with trust issues to trust you?

I have been talking to and hanging out with this guy for a little while now. We always flirt with each other so I decided to let him know I how I feel about him. I let him know that I like him but he said that he has a hard time getting close to any girl becuase of past relationships. I understand where he is coming from but at the same time wish I could somehow show him that I am not like his exes. I have no intention of hurting him becuase I really do like him. I don't know how to show him that he can trust me when he won't give me the chance to. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What Guys Said 1

• This one's a tricky one. But you can win this. But you'll have to tread carefully.
    1. Do not ever say one thing when you mean the other. If you are angry, just stay quiet.
    2. Tell him pretty much everything which can arouse suspicion. eg. a mutual friend hitting on you, etc.
    3. Tell him that you have a friend that has trust issues. He's been hurt in the past. How do I get him to open up? His response will be gold. Just be sure that he doesn't understand that you're asking about him. Just make up a random friend or pick anyone of your loose friends. He'll answer exactly what he would want someone to do to him

What Girls Said 1

• i feel like you just need to be there for them and don't pressure them..