For people who have tried online dating, how often do people respond to your messages?

I made a little experiment of this. I created a profile on 'Plenty of Fish' and proceeded to message 100 girls in Ontario over the course of two days (50 each day) with a simple/short message such as "hello." I waited one week to give them a chance to respond before tallying the results and for those that responded I went on to see how long the conversation would continue.

Overall, I had a response rate of 9%, slightly less than 1 in 10. Interestingly, my response rate for the first half was 6% while in the second half it doubled to 12%. Also, the average conversation length increased in the second half but only reached a maximum of 4 responses from one girl.

There are many variables I didn't account for, but I did this in an attempt to determine if there's anything substantial to online dating. If you can't start and continue a conversation with someone you're interested in online, then it's not likely that a relationship will come of it.

Guys, what are your experiences with online dating in regards to getting girls to respond and carry on a conversation?

Girls, what are your thoughts on this?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0