Why doesn't he admit he likes me?

So I've been hanging out with a guy friend of mine. Seriously gives lots of mix messages. Recently I've told him how I feel about him and he said he doesn't feel the same about me, supposedly. So recently I started dated seeing someone. Last time when we catch up over an early dinner, he asked me how the ❤️Was. I spoke about the new guy and he said well I'm the wrong person to ask for advices? I told him that I wasn't getting his advice nor permission to see other guys. That evening it seemed he wanted to continue the night, but I decided to leave. He walked me my car and asked me if he could see me sometime in the near future! I really don't know what to do with him. He recently said that he was down for a hang out if I had time, but kind of have my doubts to commit?
help please

Most Helpful Guy

• The thing is he can like to talk to you but may not be in love with you.

I don't know the backstory of course but if you guys can talk in this way you fully understand each other and you actually brighten up your lives of each other than this is worth it. Ever thought about the fact that he might be afraid to actually break the nice flow you guys got now? If he can't guarantee you love but he does not want to stop hanging out with you than friends might be a great option. Even though it might causes some awkwardness every now and then.

Most Helpful Girl

• Asking to see you/hang out doesn't mean he likes you as more than a friend. He hasn't done anything that would imply romantic interest. He didn't tell you that you need his permission, all he said is that you shouldn't ask him. Maybe he feels like he's bad at giving advice. Him saying that he wants to "hang out" makes it extremely casual. If he liked you and wanted to date you, he wouldn't use "hang out". Also, he already rejected you once, which is a pretty big indicator of the fact that he only likes you as a friend. Only stupid people reject people they like.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• maybe he doesn't like you? Or maybe he knows your taken so he doesn't!

• If he told you he doesn't feel the same way about you, it's most likely he doesn't. I'm not a guy so I'm not 100% sure though. It could be that he's a bit jealous now that you're with someone else.