My boyfriend doesn't say romantic things to me or compliment me often, what should I do?

We have been together for about 6 months now, and at the beginning he would compliment me and be more romantic. Now he doesn't say "I love you" or "I miss you" and he barely compliments me. He was in a serious relationship before and wound up heartbroken, and he told me he never wants to feel like that again. But I miss that feeling I get when he says those things to me. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Get over it.

Your assuming life should resemble your fantasy which has been falsely represented by crap female propaganda media like "The notebook".

You assuming he should act that way because of false expectations brought on by female fantasy, would be the same as him expecting you to do anal and gang bang because of false expectations brought on by male visual fantasy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talking to him about how you feel would be a good start. He can't read your mind. You can't expect things to change unless you take the initiative.

What Guys Said 5

• Honeymoon period is over
    Learn to live without a lot of components

• May I ask if YOU compliment him?

• Thumbs up, my wise young friend. It is definitely a two way street.

I try to compliment my guy at least once a day on something, no matter how small it may be. Taking each other for granted starts with overlooking the things you used to love about each other.

• @becca123 glad to hear there are women like you ma'am.

• You should accept that.

• Talk to him about it most issues between couples or soon to be couples always go south due to a issue if you don't talk about it

• Guys always think that once she's with you, the honeymoon phase is over. Some of us know though, that women can ALWAYS and often do, cheat on their man

What Girls Said 3

• They tell him! To start doing it!

• Give him some time, now he doesn't feel comfortable with it and it's understandable.

So nice things for him and he won't have problems telling you sweet things

• Let me know when you find out. I'm in the same boat now.