Is dating apps pointless if you want something more than just a hook up?

is dating apps pointless if you want something more than just a hook up? it seems like the guys that wants to take you out and are looking for something serious aren't the cute guys. I like the average cute guys, i stay away from the guys with ripped muscles and no shirt on his pics and the model looking guys.. I go for the guys with great smiles, i have very few expectations towards the really good looking guys.

But even the average cute guys aren't interested in something serious, so it seems like i either have to chose between looks or personality it seems like.

Sometimes i feel like im just lying to myself by thinking there is the smalles chance of meeting a cute guy who wants to date. I would meet people irl, but i rarely go out because i dont have anyone to go out with, non of my friends date at all...

Most Helpful Guy

• I have used Tinder off and on for about a year and a half. I ultimately stopped messaging girls because I only ever wanted a hook up but all the girls I met wanted to date me. Then I matched a girl who knew a coworker. I sent her a corny pickup line to make him laugh. We started talking and dated for a couple months. I fell in love with her. It didn't work out, but she was the only girl I've ever loved. So you never know.

• maybe im expecting things to happen to fast.. i have normally deactivate my account after a month or if i haven't met anyone interesting... so mayeb this time i'll stay around for 2-3 months or more

• I don't know if a club is the right way to go if you really want to meet someone (at least not what comes to my mind when I think of a club) - but you can definitely go to bars or parties. It helps if you're with a friend or two.

• i doubt we are going to a club to be honest, but i guess i'll see

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my current boyfriend on POF over 10 months ago and never looked back. He is very good looking (girls check him out with me right there), incredibly tall and toned. Fantastic sense of humor, very intelligent and outgoing. I did go through a fair amount of losers first, but I stuck with it because with my work schedule meeting men is impossible. I wouldn't take back one meaningless date with anyone else if it meant never meeting him. Now I have it all and can't imagine life without him. Sheer perfection.

I did opt to pay for the services because it seems the serious people are those who pay.

Perseverance is the key. Don't give up, and don't listen to bitter folks who haven't gotten lucky and gave up before they could. Consider online dating as just another tool in the search for something meaningful.

What Guys Said 8

• I've had more than a hook-up from Tinder. So long as you are clear what you want and get the same information from them, you can find more.

• "it seems like the guys that wants to take you out and are looking for something serious aren't the cute guys"

ain't that the fact of life...

• If none of your friends date, doesn't it make sense for you all to go out together?

Your best bet is still real life, trust me... And there you can find people that are gorgeous AND want the same thing as you.

• bu they dont like to go out and since they dont date either they dont really have a reason to go out either.. And right now im doing both, and im going out tomorrow night, so maybe i'll meet someone then!

• Everything is pointless if you want more than just a hookup.

• I met the love of my life on OKCupid. com.

• FUCK THAT SHIT GUYS LISTEN!!! ------------------------> DONT BOOST GIRLS EGO BY MESSAGING, LIKING !

• i didn't know guys did it to boost womens ego. i thought they just found the girl attractive and wanted to get to know her

• no girls boost their ego. Liking profile they think they're out of the world. So the become egoistic

• yes usually crappy guys talk to every girl

• Maybe you're not as attractive as you think you are.

• Test me. Everyone on those are just looking for a hook up. I gave up on them long ago.

• People say that there are serious guys there in my situation I dont really have a choice. . So im still trying. ..

• well, there is always a chance i'll meet someone, so im thinking i'll just stay on the apps and then try to go out more to meet more people

• Okay. It's up to you :) if you want we can talk more.

What Girls Said 5

• How old are you? That might be the problem right there. More younger people are not interested in something serious. It can be hard, I was there when I was in college. I wanted a relationship and everyone else just wanted to hook up. But there are guys who do want realtionships. They are just hard to find.

• im 20 and i know most people my age aren't after something serious, thats why i only try to "like" guys who are 23 and up.. i try to go for the 25-27 years olds.. i wouldn't mind older, but if they get way older i feel like they are my supervisor or something lol

• And even older guys are no guarantee. I've been with guys who are 30-31. And BOTH of them cheated on me. They said they were looking for something serious, but their actions said otherwise. It really depends on the person. There are younger guys who are looking for something serious.

My friend is engaged to a guy who is younger than her (by a year). They met when they were 23-24. And now they have two kids. You just never know what could happen. I would try to stay open to different possibilities. Stick to your guns though about wanting a relationship. You will find someone eventually! :)

• i will try to be more open minded! and thanks :)

• No sometimes you fine things!

• I think it's not because many people look for actual love in those sites.

• I understand that, but it shouldn't be that hard since there are so many people on there

• Yeah, I understand that too 😔
      You just need to keep chatting with more people and get to know them

• I met my SO on tinder and we've been dating for 2 months. Haven't even had sex him yet until I'm ready. It's possible.

• That's alao what I thought until I met my current boyfriend. We met on Tinder, we started talking we found each other decent and we went on few dates before we finally had sex. It did take meore than a year of swiping before I finally met him lol. But I always keep my expectations low though. You just never know.

• well a year is a long time, i normally give up after 1-2 months lol

• Lol just let it flow. I was on there just because I was bored and some dates wouldn't hurt, sometimes for hook ups too. Best thing comes when it's least expected :)