My boyfriend is always 'broke' and never took me out on a date. Is this a deal breaker?

We've only been dating since September. I work and attend university full-time. He works full-time. Normally, he's with friends or doing his music on the side (he does music production). When we see one another, it's great. We spend a lot of time at his home, watching films, talking, cooking and playing games. The sex is out of this world. He's very passionate with me. However, whenever I suggest we be spontaneous and take a trip to the art museum, watch a movie or eat at a sushi restaurant, he mentions how he's always broke. Now, we're both very into one another at this point and I can say we're slowly but surely growing in love, but it's getting old now. We can't even go out on a date and it's bothering me. How do I tell this to him without sounding like a jerk?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you can live with great sex and never go out anywhere nice, then great. If it was me I'd rather be doing more than just sex and be broke all the time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Suggest that you will pay for the date. I know that you probably don't want to. I mean, not to sound like the "typical female" but it's nice when the man pays for the date!! So I understand why you would be upset. Its nice to go out and about and relax in public with your boo. So if I was in your shoes, I would tell him that you'll pay and see how he takes that.

What Guys Said 1

• "I suggest we be spontaneous". This is your fault because you can't expect him to know when to save his money and when you will want to go out.

What Girls Said 1

• Suggest free things maybe