On a scale of 0 to 10 how much does physical appearance of a girl matter to a guy to like her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the guy.
    Some guys looks are all that matter.
    Veeerry few guys looks don't matter at all.
    Most guys looks matter, but aren't everything.
    I think the majority of guys will fall into the 4-7 category on how much looks matter.

What Guys Said 27

• Well that is highly dependent on a guy and the standards he has. For a man who has high standards will have at least 7 or may be even 8 out of 10 and that may be because he himself would be 8 out of 10, so if a man is very handsome, attractive then most probably he will have high standards as far looks are concerned, so the woman being physically attractive to him is also important, he would then expect the woman to be at least 7 out of 10, because he gives importance to looks.

However some other guy may not give so much importance to looks, he would not have much reservations on looks, so even if a woman is 3-4 out of 10 he would still be okay with it.

Hence it is highly dependent on a guy.

• Would rather have average looking girl who is good company than a gorgeous girl who is boring and loves herself.

So 4 out of ten look

• 8 or a 9 for me. Personality means shit outside of 'don't annoy me', and I'd rather date a stuck up bitch who is hot over an ugly, wonderful woman.

I feel only desperate and undesirable men say they value personality over looks.

• I love your honesty.
      I feel like lots of guys think like that but they say something else to be PC.

• @Ihav2fart I don't know, where I live I see a lot of guys dating the hot bitches :/

• @MissNowhere Cheers, love; I appreciate the compliment.

@Ihav2fart Meh, I've seen enough of my mates dating dumb, annoying women because they were hot. A stuck up attitude is definitely not optimal but I have the belief that a woman will reflect whatever her man is, so I'm not scared of a bitch/dumb girl. Plus, dating isn't exactly concrete, so it's not like anyone is stuck with a person who won't adapt.

• The way she looks means a lot because it's what brings you to her. From the start it plays crucial role so it's like a 10.
    Then it's a completely different story because if her character is not desired you are more likely to got dissapointed and the 10 becomes 1.. :P

• For me, it would be a 4 or a 5. As long as she isn't overweight, I don't mind dating her.

• Around 3 the seven is her personality

• Has to be at least a 7. But personality has to be 9 at least.

• You shouldn't put women on a 0 to 10 pedestal.
    I'd rather ask myself, "Is this someone I want to be with?"

• well, I need to be physically attracted to her so it's important. that doesn't mean she needs to look like a supermodel but if her looks don't do anything for me then it's difficult. so I'd say a 6

• 5 for appearance (i'd be happy with an average girl with good hygiene) and 5 for character because that is even more important.

• I don't know, I really wouldn't rate a girl on appearance. I've seen some amazing transformations. I'd say I need to connect with this person. If my bond with her is like Bonnie and Clyde. Hell, who cares how she looks?

• That'll be 5-6

• I have to be attracted to her.

• A 5 its not that important.

• I'd say for me, its like a 7

• 8-9 honestly speaking... that is the case with most guys cause we are very visual creatures

• It matters as much as personality. Both matter a lot

• 10 out 10 babbyyyyyy

• Depends on the guy, but average is 5-6.

• 5 looks, 5 personality. It's a 50/50 thing for me

• Guys are a lot less visual than women

• To me it's 100 percent at the start and then afterwards it's 100 percent personality. I need everything.

• 7 probably. Maybe 8.

• It's the 1st and foremost important thing.

• A 6 + is pretty nice

• In the short run maybe 7.

Long run, lots of things matter 10.

• It's more of a curve. It matters a lot that she not be ugly but the difference between average and beautiful matters less than lots of other things.

What Girls Said 1

• I say a lot! physical apperance is very important!