Guys over 40, would you date a 25 year old?

• Yes
    63% (12)
  • No
    37% (7)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was actually the age of my profile, then maybe. At 44 I wouldn't have intentionally gone after a 25 year old. But if it "just happened" then I would be OK with it, assuming everything else was OK.

However I'm a fair amount older than that, so no.

The biggest problem is not the age itself. The biggest problem is where we are in life. We would be in totally different places in our lives. I'm thinking retirement, while she would just be getting started. I'm already fully established. It would be taking something away from her to join me in my life.

Notice I said "join me", not join together. That's an important distinction, and it couldn't be any other way. What am I supposed to do? Give up everything from my life, so I could be at her stage in life, buying my first set of dishes? There are stages of life, and it would take something from her to skip right past some of those stages to join someone older. For someone older it wouldn't be right to go back and repeat those stages of life.

I can only think of one situation where I think it would be OK. That's if she is someone who is very unlikely to find love any other way. But even then, 25 is too young think something like that. At 25 she should be looking for someone closer to her age.

What Guys Said 11

• Sure. I've dated with gaps like that before. It depends completely on the person. I can have more in common with a 25 year old with similar political ideas as me, who likes the same types of games and shows as I do, than with a 40 year old with a totally different religion, opposite political ideology, different hobbies and different ways to enjoy life...

Basically, I wouldn't date a person BECAUSE they were 25. But them being 25 doesn't mean that I wouldn't consider dating them if they were the type of person I generally liked dating.

I've dated women a lot older for very similar reasons. For me, the concept doesn't only work one way.

• What @bryon said. Most girls at that age or below are simply just not mature. They play lots of games, they're uncertain, they expect more than they give back in the relationship - read: still have princess on a pedestal fantasies, and are just generally far too fickle.

Past that age, I think the novelty of getting male attention has worn off and they start being more serious in their conduct with guys.

• But you're 24?

• Yes, and I've dated both older and younger than me. Oldest I've dated is 28, although she turned 29 while we were dating, and I was 23. The difference in attitude and interaction was substantial relative to a 25 year old and a 23 year old that I dated. Night and day difference.

• If I were single and she were a mature woman then yes. But only after an extensive friendship and much talk so I was convinced that we were both on the same page and level

• Yes, would and have.

• That's a pretty big gap. It would have to be a very special connection

• well when i was 44 i had a 26 year old boyfriend so does that count!

• Yes youth is great... the question is why would a 25 year old date a 40 plus

• If I were 40 I don't think I would. She would be busy taking selfies and have parties with her friends on weekends while I would be at home watching tv waiting for her to get back... it would be awkward

• who wouldn't. just lol @ dating that old kunts.

• Yes and I have

• I'm not over 40, but I would ;)