How to say no to a date when I've already said yes?

Tonight I was asked by someone to go to a winter dance with him. The problem is, I really don't like this guy. He's really awkward and sometimes just rude. I was put on the spot and I didn't want to be rude so I said yes. Now that I've had time to think about it, I really don't want to go. The dance is this Saturday, and it turns out that it's the same night as a Christmas party that I said I was going to go to, so I have an excuse to get out of the dance. What should I do?

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him the truth. You actually already made a prior commitment to the Christmas party so you have to honor that. Tell him immediately though because that would be really rude to tell him right before the dance where you couldn't change his plans.

• If I had to go to a dance with a girl I wound up not wanting to go to with, then you need to do. It's called glory by honor. You don't want to be known as the girl who deserted some guy just because "he's ugly"

What Girls Said 0