Is tinder just for hooking up?

I don't hook up with guys, I'm more of a relationship girl. I don't really meet guys out and about so I decided to sign up for tinder. Is there potential? Or is it just a site for hooking up?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's mainly for hookups. There are people who find relationships on Tinder, but they are as rare as four leaf clovers!

Ona more serious note though, Tinder is not the place to be looking for a relationship. You're better off using regular, proper dating sites like Okcupid, Match. com or eharmony, because most people on these sites are actually looking for relationships.

What Guys Said 18

• It is, I think it has been moving away from that compared to when it first took off in popularity. Many of the generalist online daters got involved and aren't necessarily looking for pure hookups.

But I was only on it for like a week, so what do i know.

• Why'd you get rid of it?

• Hmm yeah I generally talk to them for a week or so before determining if I want to hang out with them.
      I hav a problem meeting guys elsewhere; not many guys approach me in public. At the gym, work, bars, etc. plus the guys at the bars aren't necessarily looking for a phone number, if you know what I mean. Lol

• lol ya, i dont even go to bars personally. Ya, there's so much pressure in society I think it makes it where not many guys approach. I do though.

• It was created for hook ups but its beyond that now. i use it to meet. you just need to be clear right away.

• It's mostly for hookups but u can find a relationship there as well

• From what I hear it's basically just hooking up. Apparently some people have had relationships come out of it but I don't know if that's very common.

• Obviously.

• As far as I hear and read, yeah, it's primarily for hook ups.

However, kudos to those who find something real.

• its for hook ups and prostitutes.

• I've pulled like three chicks off tinder baha and none of em ended up in "hooking up" because they filter too much

• Pretty much.

• I found all dating sites a waste, had 0 sucess and 0 messages/interests from girls.

• Tinder is for hookups. Smashed a lot of chicks on there especially ones who were like "I don't do hookups" in their profile.

• most guys are there for hooking up, and most girls are there looking for a relationship :P funny how that happens haha your going to deal with a lot of guys just looking for one night but every now and again you'll find a guy whos looking for love :)

• it could be both, I've used it for quite a bit, but honestly none of the girls I've matched with/met up with seemed like they were interested in a relationship

• I've never used tinder, but everything I've heard is that it is more for hooking up

• Not really, some people do use it for relationships too

• I've never even been flirted with on there but I do think it's more of a hook up thing online.

• 90% of the time it is just hooking up, 5% end up in relationships while the remaining 5%attemot relationships that go nowhere.

• Tinder is worthless. Girls say they don't want hookups and they want a genuine guy. I show them I'ma genuine guy and go on dates with them... but all my dates only last 1 date and I never see them again. That's the trend I heard about on tinder.

-You meet someone
    -Go on one date
    -Never see them again

Waste of time

What Girls Said 14

• I use Tinder. And I don't use it for hookups, but for dating purposes, getting to know people and seeing what happens. I have seen serious relationships happen between people that met on tinder, but most of the people on there are not looking for anything serious.

• Funny you should mention this. I met my SO on Tinder two months. We haven't had sex yet although we've talked about it.

Prior to that I was on Match and dated a guy that turned to a friends with benefits situation. Don't get me wrong, the sexual chemistry was great.

So it can go either way. If a guy on Tinder (or any site) doesn't reply with an email with substance then he's probably interested in something quick and a hookup. My SO while we were messaging, sent me lengthy ones with substance. On our first date, we talked from 8 pm to 5:30 am the next morning. That's how great the date was. Anything is possible.

• I feel it is but one of my best friends from high school actually managed to find a long term boyfriend on there... but I would never recommend it to anyone looking for a serious relationship

• I think so but some people find relationship like any website~!

• im just like you and when i ask people about the same thing say that yes, its mostly for hook ups, but there are people just like you, looking for a relationship..

And people also tell me about how they met their partner through tinder, so its worth it as long as you are patient i would guess

• Seems that way to me. I stopped using it because all I ever got was messages from guys wanting to hook up.

• yes i think so

• I think there is. Met this dude im currently seeing on tinder.

• Tinder is dangerous. It's a hook up app. I strongly suggest getting involved in your community if you're looking for THE one. Do community service. Get out there and get involved. Furthermore I'd like to add that you will never be content with someone else unless you yourself are content being alone.

• I matched with someone who went to my high school and we actually had a class together but never talked or anything. It was the first time I had met up with someone from tinder but he asked and i said "ok but we aren't hooking up". I was his first relationship. 10 months later.. Just on Monday he broke up with me because he couldnt commit. So in short... It can be. But most of the time the guys aren't looking for stuff long term i think unless you really hit it off

• I found my boyfriend on tinder. But it turned into something more serious which I think is rare. Initially it wasn't really supposed to be.

• Mostly hookups, don't waste your time

• it's mostly for hooking up but it doesn't mean you can't find a relationship

• Most people using for it don the to desperate for a relationship it will come on the right time.