Why would you try to get over your crush?

Why would someone try to get over someone? Especially if they haven't started something? Great things could happen why pass that up?

Most Helpful Guy

• If having feelings for someone is going to bring you pain rather than happiness, why wouldn't you? You owe it to yourself.

As far as "if they haven't started something," it's not always as easy as just "starting something." You may have legitimate reason to believe that nothing will happen and that can be painful.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think some people have low self-. esteem , they think their crush is out of their league. So they give up instead of taking a chance.

What Guys Said 4

• Hmm maybe they realized ways in which they are incompatible while thinking about the situation objectively. The problem with emotions is that they're rarely logical and we can't turn them off even if we think they're unreasonable.

• well if she clearly told me, that she has no feelings for me and doesn´t want to date me but likes me as a friend: for what reason should i still try to start something with her?
    it´s a big waste of time.

• Not all things are worth pursuing.

• I've had a crush on a girl for a very long time. It was love at first sight for me.
    Since we haven't had much contact in real life, I have contacted her through social media. But she just doesn't seem to be into me.
    Every time I talked to her on the internet, she has just replied to what I wrote, not doing anything to further the conversation. I asked her out for coffee at one point, but got never a reply to that. She is basically just being nice to me, but it's fairly obvious she does not like me.
    But I can't get over her. I feel that at this point, after so long, asking her out would be seen as creepy. And if I confessed my feelings I would possibly destroy what chances I had. But because I have not been rejected, I still have hope.
    And that hope, is killing me.
    At this point, I just want to be rejected or see that she gets a boyfriend. Because that would kill all remaining hope, and enable me to finally move on.

• no reaction is a reaction buddy. Don't let her string you along like this!!! But I totally understand where you're comming from

• she's not telling you she's not interested when thats exactly how she feels as im try to say.
      she's being nice. I've been nice and avoided questions someones asked me but I wouldn't tell them because I didn't want to hurt their feelings I thought well if I avoid it they'll get the hint soon.

• you are then stringing yourself along. lol

What Girls Said 7

• Sometimes I thknk of it because I really like him but we live too far from eachother and I don't want to be hurt or him to be hurt since we are not sure if we will ever meet 💔

• If I get rejected or if they date someone else or if i realise I don't have a chance

• Because usually my crushes are shy and no matter how much corsage I get to talk to them they never talk to me just stare. I don't have time to play games. This crush took over 5years of my life.

• I think it's a waste of time to pursue a crush if you know it will be temporary

• if I know there is no chance for me...

• To prevent getting hurt

• But If he acts like he hates than it's better to forget him.