Am I the only one who takes a break up really badly?

Even though I know millions of people go through the heartache of a breakup I always feel like I'm the only one. I try to remind myself that breakup happens, that I'm not the only one who has been cheated on, I'm not the only one who thought I found the person I was meant to be with only for it to turn into a terrible breakup. Yet, no matter how I remind myself that it happens to everyone and life goes on I still seem to wallow in misery about it. So pathetic but I realize that I can't seem to let go of the hurt until I find someone new. Even when I give myself a break of 6 months to a year of not being in another relationship I can't let go of the hurt till the new relationship starts. What is wrong with me?

What Guys Said 1

• You invest a little too much into your relationships. Learn to give a little distance. If you are really in the range of (30-35)... its understandable... biological clock is a bitch.
    You still gotta think with your brain if you want something distant. I once got told by a girl that she won't consider a guy who would not marry her... guess what... automatic cross off the list.
    Regardless of situation or age... just be yourself... dont have expectations and just enjoy the moment... you will find out (10 years later) that you are still just enjoying the moments that every day brings... thats a LOT of moments.

What Girls Said 0