Are we going on a date or is this just hanging out?

We're both freshmen at 2 different colleges within walking distance of each other. We met at a Christmas party and he gave me his snapchat. We hung out in his dorm the next night and watched a movie. He put his arm around me and we talked for most of it. He then walked me to the bus stop and asked for my number, said he had a nice time, and called me cute. He invited me over for Thursday. When I said yes, he asked if this was platonic or something more. I told him it'd help if I knew what he meant and what page he is on. He wanted to know what I want to be just friends or more, because he thinks I'm cute and nice to talk to and wouldn't mind being more than just friends and I asked if he was asking if it was kind of like a date. He said "yeah pretty much I guess" and I asked if that's what he wanted and he said he'd love that, but only if that's what I wanted. Then we both said we're excited and all that. So my questions: Does he think it's a date? He's wanting to stay in his dorm and "watch a movie or something", should I ask him if can do the "or something part" because I'm not sure a first date is hanging out in his room with everyone on his floor out partying? Or is this kind of like a casual date? Or a date at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a date. Time will tell how serious it is re: pants.

• So I should still go?

• Sure. Seems like a decent guy. He didn't pull the, "I think you're beautiful, can I f** you now?" crap. Only time and getting to know each other will tell now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a causal date! Sounds like what curtis say to me... he like ONLY IF YOU WANT TO! apple rolls her eyes! lol Tell me what you want goddamnit!
    @DamnCurtis

What Guys Said 2

• It is a date. That sounds like you two agreed that it was.

He said "or something" just to make it more casual. You can just say "Hey! Why don't we do _____ instead?" Just find something you are excited about and first date appropriate. I think this is a good idea to do something else instead of staying in. Makes the relationship a little more fun and there is more courting involved. Many college students (me included back in the day) settles for these college relationships that start off just hanging out a lot in the dorms. :P

• But what should I ask him to do? I don't want to do anything that involves spending money because I don't have any and I don't want to basically ask him to pay for something at this point.

• Go enjoy Christmas lights and maybe get a cup of coffee. Go for a bike ride, do a picnic, go to the beach (if there is one nearby), go play sports just the two of you... Good luck :)

• I'd say it's a date. Other people wouldn't. I hate how it needs to be fuckin' defined.
    He wants it to be a date.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like a date to me.